bobelliottjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 4011A2D7
Carrier: Nextel
Default Ascendo Inc. DataVault Version 4.4

Please Login to Remove!

The Ascendo Inc. guys do it again ...

Ascendo DataVault, version 4.4: I posted a thread back in December of 2007 on version 4.36 of this product stating that it is by far the best secure data application for the Blackberry, bar none. Well, just look at the desktop display of version 4.4, the guys at Ascendo have designed a totally new and streamline window version that is very user friendly and most important, very functional, another awesome job guys …

Quote:
My Blackberry 7520, I never leave home without, it is my office on the move ...
Old 03-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quick question, I got Ascendo Data Vault 4.36 from Handango, when I enter my email address for the upgrade it says I either entered my email wrong or have the latest version, has any expierenced this Handango before, or do I have talk with thier customer support?

(P.S. I know I entered my email current and I do not have the latest version.)
Old 03-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobelliottjr View Post
The Ascendo Inc. guys do it again ...

Ascendo DataVault, version 4.4: I posted a thread back in December of 2007 on version 4.36 of this product stating that it is by far the best secure data application for the Blackberry, bar none. Well, just look at the desktop display of version 4.4, the guys at Ascendo have designed a totally new and streamline window version that is very user friendly and most important, very functional, another awesome job guys …
Are you affiliated with Ascendo in some way?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Sounds more like an advertisement.

Anyhow, user interface improvements are nice. But let's see some MEAT.

Let's see OTA SYNC!

I'd buy it if it did that.
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I downloaded it, looks great, just won't sync with Vista. It keeps giving me an error and shuts down.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Quick question, I got Ascendo Data Vault 4.36 from Handango, when I enter my email address for the upgrade it says I either entered my email wrong or have the latest version, has any expierenced this Handango before, or do I have talk with thier customer support?

Good luck, I bought Ascendo Fitness in January and in late February saw there was a new version. Long and short of the story, I had to fight and email both Ascendo and Handango customer support for almost a month to finally get the issue resolved. Handango was saying I didn't buy their download protection and I said I didn't need it, I still had the original file I downloaded, this was an update I was entitled to for free. Ascendo kept sending me the wrong files and saying contact Handango. Because of this, I will never buy another Ascendo program or another program from Handango. For the records, I have bought over 45 programs from Handango going back to 2001 for my Palm Vx, great customer service Handango!!

Just for clarification, my issue was resolved by Ascendo at the end of the day, it just took a long time and many emails.

Last edited by bjchantry; 04-07-2008 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
bobelliottjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 4011A2D7
Carrier: Nextel
Default Not affiliated with Ascendo in any way ...

No, I am not affiliated with Ascendo in any way, I just recognize a great product when I see it.

Quote:
My Blackberry 7520, I never leave home without, it is my office on the move ...
Old 04-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
Brad00111
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
Good luck, I bought Ascendo Fitness in January and in late February saw there was a new version. Long and short of the story, I had to fight and email both Ascendo and Handango customer support for almost a month to finally get the issue resolved. Handango was saying I didn't buy their download protection and I said I didn't need it, I still had the original file I downloaded, this was an update I was entitled to for free. Ascendo kept sending me the wrong files and saying contact Handango. Because of this, I will never buy another Ascendo program or another program from Handango. For the records, I have bought over 45 programs from Handango going back to 2001 for my Palm Vx, great customer service Handango!!
I know everyone's experience will always be a little different but I have run into 2 or 3 snags with Datavault and the Ascendo team has been truly awesome with customer service. I even exchanged emails at about 9pm with someone who cleared up my problem very quickly. Great product and great service.

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Old 04-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post

Hi Steve,

Upgrades to intermediate releases such as V4.36 to V4.41 are free. You can download the trial version from Handango or our FAQ page and use the registration key from your order confirmation email to unlock the trial. If you didn't keep the confirmation email, you can go to the DataVault About screen on your BlackBerry and your Registration Key will be displayed.

Best,
Marc Bolh
Ascendo Inc.
Ascendo DataVault Home Page
Closed Thread