Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
Zulan

Model: P990
Carrier: Telenor
Default Send as permissions for Administrators

Please Login to Remove!

Hello!

I just recently upgraded my Exchange 2003 server. Send as permissions are working fine on all users but the admins. I have followed the instructions from microsoft but still it doesnt work, here's the instruction, taken from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918:

Start the Active Directory Users and Computers management console.
2. On the View menu, make sure that the Advanced Features option is selected. If this option is not selected, the Security page will not be visible for User account objects.
3. Create an ordinary user account to act as the mailbox owner.
4. Assign the ordinary user account a mailbox on an Exchange server.
5. Open the properties of the new mailbox owner account.
6. In the Exchange Advanced box, grant the Full Mailbox Access permission to the protected administrator account.
7. In the Security page, grant the Send As permission to the protected administrator account.
8. Click OK to exit the properties of the mailbox owner object.
9. Right-click the mailbox owner account object, and then click Disable Account to disable the account for all logons.

Instead of creating a new account I just used my support account, I guess that shouldn't change anything. Any other ideas why it won't work?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
Zulan

Model: P990
Carrier: Telenor

I don't know what I did to fix it, since I tried a bunch of stuff. One was to shut down the blackberry router service for 20 min. After that it just works. Don't know why.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

If you have all the BESAdmin permissions set correctly (sometimes you lose some permissions when migrating admin accounts) and you have followed the MS KB then just waiting a while for the changes to propogate is all you can do.

Also, thread moved to the Exchnage BES section.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #4
Deke

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Easier method - back out what ya had done there.

put the admins into a security group then put the security group in. it by passes the send-as problem with admins not allowed that controll.
Closed Thread