Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
BillNYC

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Question BlackBerry ID Account-How do I edit Cellular Carrier

Please Login to Remove!

When I registered and created my BB ID for my BB Tour 9630 (unlocked, Verizon branded) I did not realize that I should have changed the cellular carrier from Verizon to T-Mobile US.

I created a new BB ID with the correct cellular carrier: T-Mobile, but I cannot change it on my phone. When I attempt to edit the BB ID, the error message states "Unable to update Blackberry ID account information while offline."

If there a simple way to change the cellular carrier on my original BB ID? I don't want to perform a security wipe.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BlackBerry ID Account-How do I edit Cellular Carrier

The phone thinks it's still under Verizon or is not locked.
check
Hold the SHIFT key and type "mepd" (without the quotes), a new screen should be displayed which tells you whether or not your phone is locked. If your phone is locked you will see the word "Active" or "Enabled" beside "Network".
Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #3
BillNYC

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
The phone thinks it's still under Verizon or is not locked.
check
Hold the SHIFT key and type "mepd" (without the quotes), a new screen should be displayed which tells you whether or not your phone is locked. If your phone is locked you will see the word "Active" or "Enabled" beside "Network".
Thank you for your response but that is not my problem. My BB Tour 9630 is unlocked and my carrier is T-Mobile USA; This was a Verizon phone which I unlocked so I could use with T-Mobile. My issue is that I need to switch or edit my carrier on my online BlackBerry ID from Verizon to T-Mobile. The online BB ID does not have an option to edit the cellular carrier.

Last edited by BillNYC; 01-10-2015 at 02:18 AM..
Old 01-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

ok , try this link. it may get you to the right method. I found nothing in the Blackberry documentation that tells how to switch only carriers. Moving to a new BB is listed here and it may work as well

KB26694-How to switch the BlackBerry ID account on a BlackBerry smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I don't remember anything about carrier. Just username and password, and username is an email address.

KB32514-How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username on the BlackBerry smartphone

Do you mean you used the hosted Verizon BlackBerry email address as your username? If so, that wasn't a good idea, and you don't want to repeat the bad practice by using the hosted T-Mobile address. Use something like a Gmail or Yahoo or Outlook address, or your ISP email address.

If I'm not understanding, explain. My advice is edit the BlackBerry username with an appropriate email as outlined, and then you should be prompted to log in on the device. If you are not prompted right away, open BBM or BlackBerry World and that should launch the prompt to log in with Blackberry I'D. If not, we will troubleshoot that issue.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

I think the OP is trying to change the carrier designation on his BB ID account. I also could not find anything except switching to a new phone. I was unaware the carrier kept any info on the BB ID. Maybe I missed something also.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wasn't aware there was a carrier designation. Either there wasn't back in the day when I created mine, or it was automated, or I just don't remember.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread