Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Akito
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default folders from Outlook not sync'ing with BB

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there, I had a user on my BES server stop using his BB and switch to an iPhone... now he is switching back to a different BB and I am having some issues. I ended up deleting his user from the BES mgr, and re-creating his account and going through the Enterprise Activation on the unit.

The issue that I am having is that the users folders from outlook that are all below his inbox are not showing up on his BB. For some reason there are two folders that are showing on the unit and I can file messages on the BB to them and they move on the Exchange mailbox, but none of the other folders (he has alot) are showing up.

I have tried RIM KB02942 where you disable wireless reconcile and do a sync with Desktop Manager, but no joy. I have tried restarting the BES services, and both an OTA and wired activation, but again no change, only the two same folders are showing up. Everything else seems to be working fine. Can anyone shed some light on the subject???

Thanks! ohh its a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version: 4.1.4.12 on a Curve.
There is one other user on the BES, but I can't get a hold of her to see if its doing the same thing.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

tell him thats what he gets for trying an iPhone.

IIRC the items do not sync, only new items are shown.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito View Post
Hi there, I had a user on my BES server stop using his BB and switch to an iPhone... now he is switching back to a different BB and I am having some issues. I ended up deleting his user from the BES mgr, and re-creating his account and going through the Enterprise Activation on the unit.

The issue that I am having is that the users folders from outlook that are all below his inbox are not showing up on his BB. For some reason there are two folders that are showing on the unit and I can file messages on the BB to them and they move on the Exchange mailbox, but none of the other folders (he has alot) are showing up.

I have tried RIM KB02942 where you disable wireless reconcile and do a sync with Desktop Manager, but no joy. I have tried restarting the BES services, and both an OTA and wired activation, but again no change, only the two same folders are showing up. Everything else seems to be working fine. Can anyone shed some light on the subject???

Thanks! ohh its a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version: 4.1.4.12 on a Curve.
There is one other user on the BES, but I can't get a hold of her to see if its doing the same thing.
Did you enable folder redirection and check the folders? (done on the BB handheld)
Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Akito

I don't see any options to enable folder redirection on the BB. My BB on a seperate BES has all my folders from Outlook/Exchange and I never set anything up with folder redirection. I know that old stuff won't show up on his BB, but I have set the BES activation to sync the last 14 days of stuff. If I move any item in Outlook from his inbox to one of the folders that is not showing up in his folder list, they do not show as filed. However if I move an item to one of the two folders that are there, they do show as filed.

I was going through the logs and I am getting this error:

[40719] (09/12 11:34:40.838):{0x1CA4} {username@domain.com} GetFolderIDFromList No folder ID in list for EntryID
[40599] (09/12 11:34:40.838):{0x1CA4} {username@domain.com} GetNewMovedMessages - Could not find folder entry id in folder list for RefId=-1164086496

Any ideas guys?!?
Old 09-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
holden

Quote:
I don't see any options to enable folder redirection on the BB. My BB on a seperate BES has all my folders from Outlook/Exchange and I never set anything up with folder redirection. I know that old stuff won't show up on his BB, but I have set the BES activation to sync the last 14 days of stuff. If I move any item in Outlook from his inbox to one of the folders that is not showing up in his folder list, they do not show as filed. However if I move an item to one of the two folders that are there, they do show as filed.

I was going through the logs and I am getting this error:

[40719] (09/12 11:34:40.838):{0x1CA4} {username@domain.com} GetFolderIDFromList No folder ID in list for EntryID
[40599] (09/12 11:34:40.838):{0x1CA4} {username@domain.com} GetNewMovedMessages - Could not find folder entry id in folder list for RefId=-1164086496

Any ideas guys?!?
Folder redirection is located here on BB Handheld...:
INBOX/OPTIONS/EMAIL SETTINGS/ hit menu and FOLDER REDIRECTION will show. Check all the boxes on the specific folders your describing above(or, if they are checked then it is a different issue). Expand your folder view to see what folders are currently set for Folder Redirection. There will already be default folders checked for redirection. (ie: inbox etc.) Check which folder you need to be able to see on the handheld and you should then save out the settings and be able to see the mail inside these folders. (to view, goto bb inbox and menu VIEW FOLDERS)
Good luck...

H.

Last edited by holden; 09-12-2008 at 05:43 PM..
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Akito

well I went and upgraded the BES to 4.1.6, and no luck! I checked the folder redirection in the BES Mgr properties for the actual user and the only two folders under the users mailbox are the two folders that the user is seeing on his BB, even though there is much more on exchange. I am also getting the same error messages in the logs.

I did check folder redirection on the BB, and the only folders showing up are the two as mentioned above.....arghhhh!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #7
holden

Quote:
well I went and upgraded the BES to 4.1.6, and no luck! I checked the folder redirection in the BES Mgr properties for the actual user and the only two folders under the users mailbox are the two folders that the user is seeing on his BB, even though there is much more on exchange. I am also getting the same error messages in the logs.

I did check folder redirection on the BB, and the only folders showing up are the two as mentioned above.....arghhhh!!!!
Ok, so what your saying is that when you look in the users Outlook, the user only sees 2 folders? Or, when you open Outlook, the user has more than 2 folders that are not seen on the BB Handheld?

H.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Akito

sorry for the delay...was on vacation.

When opening Outlook the user has more than 2 folders, and they are not seen on the handheld.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
holden

Quote:
sorry for the delay...was on vacation.

When opening Outlook the user has more than 2 folders, and they are not seen on the handheld.
Vaca^ works...
You can set folder redirection on the BB Manager in the users account.
You can also set it on the users BB Handheld. What happens when you try and set the folder redirection?

H.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #10
Akito

In the BES Manager, when I choose folder redirection, the only folders that show up (that are even available to sync) are the two folders already on the Blackberry. None of the users other folders (that are in outlook) show up in the options.

I am still getting this error message in the logs
{user@domain.com} GetFolderIDFromList No folder ID in list for EntryID
{user@domain} GetNewMovedMessages - Could not find folder entry id in folder list for RefId=-273780252
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #11
Akito

as a side note, this is happening for all the users on this BES server. I have just been told that the calendar items are not moving correctly as well... I don't know if its related yet.
Closed Thread