BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
jyee

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Mute button starts and stops media player

Please Login to Remove!

has anyone noticed that if the media player is in the background (when paused) you can unpause it by using the top mute button? This is a bit annoying since I keep accidentally hitting the mute button when I put the 8800 in the holster. If you exit the media player this wont happen but since there isn't a forward/reverse feature in the media player, the only way to keep your current position when playing a podcast is to pause the file. That means I can't exit the media player without starting the hour long podcast again.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyee
has anyone noticed that if the media player is in the background (when paused) you can unpause it by using the top mute button? This is a bit annoying since I keep accidentally hitting the mute button when I put the 8800 in the holster. If you exit the media player this wont happen but since there isn't a forward/reverse feature in the media player, the only way to keep your current position when playing a podcast is to pause the file. That means I can't exit the media player without starting the hour long podcast again.
Actualy there is a forwrd and back nbut not in the sense we know it. If you move teh ball up you will see that diferent things light up and one of them is the play tome bar, pres on teh ball and then scroll right or left to take it to a point in the pay time (you would have to guess as it does not show where and what time frame that you are at. But after some use you will get to figure it out a bit.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
jyee

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
Actualy there is a forwrd and back nbut not in the sense we know it. If you move teh ball up you will see that diferent things light up and one of them is the play tome bar, pres on teh ball and then scroll right or left to take it to a point in the pay time (you would have to guess as it does not show where and what time frame that you are at. But after some use you will get to figure it out a bit.
SWEET! I didn't know that function was available. It actually does show the time frame when you scroll. This is what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Closed Thread