BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
Kilberry

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Question 7290 Missing Databases after OS reload...

Please Login to Remove!

After several hours searching I have not found an answer to my issue so here it is:

A 7290 user typed in his password incorrectly 10 times, this wiped out his OS, the device displayed the 507 circle, square, triangle error. At this point I found some info on the forum advising to connect up to Desktop Manager/select Application Loader/and re-install the OS/Apps. This completed successfully.

I went into Restore/Advanced to restore the address book, tasks, etc. from a previous backup, but noticed only three databases listed under Device Databases.

After more forum research (and RIM advice) I learned that I need to run Enterprise Activation first to repopulate the databases. I completed EA successfully but still do not have more than the three generic databases listed.

My question is how do I get those databases back on the device in order to restore from the backup? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BES 4.0.2
Handheld 7290 v4.0.0.219
Desktop Manager 4.1.0.8
BB Device Manager 4.1.0.9
Application Loader 4.1.0.13
Old 12-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
Kilberry

I have now updated to the latest handheld software 4.0.2.49...still no databases. I am attempting to run EA again to see if that works.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Kilberry

Thumbs up Problem Solved!

After several hours online with a very nice RIM technician...we determined our security policy was causing the databases not to show up. Specifically:

Under Security Policy Group / Desktop Backup=2

This setting does not allow the user to backup using Desktop Manager, thus the databases were not displayed...even though the device was txing/rxing email! I believe a setting of 1 allows backup.

This seems obvious now, but I don't have direct access to our BES to see the settings. I am now much more aware of how the policies can affect the Handhelds.

Hopefully this helps anyone who runs into the same problem.
Closed Thread