Old 04-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #21
RBT

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygiven View Post
The work around for this issue is to set the Keep Appointments to Forever in the calendar options
Then you have to turn off the Wireless Sync option in the calendar options and save it. Then turn the Wireless Sync option back on. This reloads the users calendar with the missing entries.

....The Curve does not seem to be affected by this problem.
I was having this issue on the Curve as well. Though the work around you mentioned resolved it. However, In the Adenda view, it wont automaticly display the event unless you select "Go To Date...". After you exit the Calendar and go back in, they default back to NOT showing the events. Only re-occuring events populate.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #22
compudude
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon

Per RIM level 2 support:
The issue with Outlook changes to certain instances of recurring meetings not syncing to the BB (especially seen with delegates in the mix) is due to a "bug" in Outlook. I'm told the bug causes Outlook to not properly update a certain "legacy" property of the parent meeting that older versions of Outlook look at to track these changed instances. So, although Outlook 2000 and newer looks at data in other properties of the parent meeting to detect changes to any instances, BES looks at the "legacy" property for any changes and they may not be there, in which case the meeting change is missed by the BES.

Even a full deletion of the user from BES (BB folders and all), and a reactivation will not get that problematic meeting to sync to the BB. Add some text to the problematic meeting's body however and voila.. it syncs to the BB, because that time around Outlook properly updates the parent meeting's "legacy" property.

RIM states the issue is being worked on internally and with MS. MS can't find the Outlook bug, and RIM will be modifying the BES to work around the entire issue. Sounds like it'll be in a major BES code release. I asked if that meant a service pack, and they said no, most likely in BESx v5. They did provide me with a SDR number for this bug, but I don't have it handy at the moment. I'll post it later if anyone asks.

In the mean time, RIM suggested any changes to instances of recurring meetings in Outlook always include adding something to the meeting's body as that seems to make Outlook properly write the changes to the parent meeting's legacy property.

Sorry for the long post..
Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #23
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Compudude!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! And my wife thanks you! This only happened occasionally but enough that I asked her not to use recurring events when possible. She doesn't have a data plan on her BB but uses Outlook, invites me as an attendee (I'm on BES 4.1.3) for her and the kids schedules for everything. It goes straight to my BB and then she syncs via cable to her BB.

Every so often she would change one of these occurrences to a recurring event and I wouldn't get the update properly. I had her try sending to my GMail instead of my BES mail for a while but it would still happen. I never could quite figure it out as it wouldn't happen every time. This TOTALLY makes sense now.

This is a problem solved and my wife is ecstatic because she can go back to using recurring events and simply add a short message to the body of the calendar item being changed. Her entire life (and mine too!) is in her Outlook/BB calendar and I struggle to keep up with her the kids schedule without it in my BB properly. Again, THANK YOU! THANK YOU for posting this! You made my day!

John

Last edited by John Clark; 05-08-2008 at 01:44 AM..
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #24
compudude

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon

John,

Glad to hear the work around makes things better for you.

I'm told the issue is noted in RIM's SDR# 130287.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #25
djprice

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel
Default What about Lotus Notes?

I have an executive that is having a similar problem. The only difference is we are using Notes. I have asked them to try the workaround.

Does anyone else have this issue with Lotus Notes?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #26
WickedBez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I'm running a Notes Domino 6.5 system... and I have this issue.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
dmead
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

I am having an issue somewhat like this, only recurring events show up on one users bb the day before it is supposed to be there so for example this user is invited t a recurring meeting every thrusday at 1:30 and he is one of 5 people invited then his will show up on his bb calendar exactly 24 hours before. all is correct in Outlook. any ideas?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #28
usererror
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Droid

We are an Exchange 2003 SP2 shop. Our BES server is 4.1.6.14, so RIM has not fixed the bug yet in their latest Service Pack or Maintenance Release.

We have a user with a calendar that has multiple delegates as well. We'll try the keep appointments forever which seems to fix it, thanks very much!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
WickedBez
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think we are saying it could be on the handheld as well. What version is this handheld on?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #30
usererror
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBez View Post
I think we are saying it could be on the handheld as well. What version is this handheld on?
The handheld is on the most recent version of the 8703e software available from RIM.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #31
WickedBez
Thumbs Must Hurt

You must be in politics cause you didn't answer my question at all lol.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #32
cwi_bes

Model: 7130
Carrier: Vodafone

does anyone know where RIM's SDR# 130287 can be found?? I checked the release notes for 4.1.5 and 4.1.6 but cannot find it. Google is no help either.

Can the official statement from RIM be found?

We have the same issue...
Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #33
scotth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

anyone still having this issue besides us? lotus notes domino users with delegation to manage their calendar.
thanks
Closed Thread