Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
sting

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Blue Tooth Text/E-mail Notification

Please Login to Remove!

I’m hoping somebody on this forum can help me solve an issue I have with my Blackberry 8200 Flip?

I bought this phone a few months back and have really been enjoying it! Best cell phone I feel I have ever used and I’ve had the same cell # since 1987!

But for two days now I’ve been in cell phone hell! My problems started when here in Ontario Canada hands free devices became mandatory if you wanted too communicate from your car. So I tried to do without buying a behind the ear device but am now forced to put one on. So I figure fine, if I can’t beat them might as well join the masses….right?

So I purchase a “Blue Ant Z9i headset” and go through all instructions to pair it up. This “seemed” to work well; I could place and receive calls as expected. Then the “issue” was noticed and this is where I need help!

I cannot for the life of me get any sounds other than phone call ones out of this device? No text or e-mail notifications, no music, no beeps when I push buttons on the key pad?

What am I not toggling on? I’m stumped!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Nope, that sounds correct.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
sting

I’m hoping your not saying that all a headset connected to a Blackberry can be used for is phone calls?

I said above that this is my first on ear headset, which is true. However I do have a set of interphones the wife and I use as communicators (Bluetooth intercom) between us on the Motorcycle. These can also be connected to a phone and once and a while I’ve used them with my Nokia, every sound the Nokia made was sent to the helmet, my Nokia was 2 or 3 years old?

Are you saying that my new Blackberrys Bluetooth capabilities are like 2- 3 years out of date?

If that’s really the case the RIM folks have given me a Rimmin all right! It would be really sad to hear this was the case, I was really liking this phone!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Im unsure whether its the fact that other manufacturers BT headsets don't work with blackberries like they do other phones, or the blackberry itself just doesn't do it.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
Im unsure whether its the fact that other manufacturers BT headsets don't work with blackberries like they do other phones, or the blackberry itself just doesn't do it.

Good point, perhaps I just have the wrong headset and not the wrong phone? Does anybody out there know if "Blackberry's own headset" will in fact do the things I'm looking for?

thanks for you help midnightdraven
Closed Thread