Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #21
sai2010

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom Tanzania
Unhappy can't view names and reply text sms

Please Login to Remove!

i have purchased BB Bold 9700, whenever a new sms comes in it shows the last name of the first person i sent the text to. when i try to reply, it doesn't reach the one i want but instead it goes to the first person who i either sent/recieve text sms.

i have to delete prior so that i start a fresh and compose with a new contact ID. in order for me to view who sent the SMS to me, i have to go to the Message folder press option then View Folders, from there i scroll to SMS folder then i can know it came from someone.

is there a way that i could de-activate this style or make it friendly as im having terrible time when using Test SMS with this unit, please anyone who can assist , OS v5.0.0.423
Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

sai2010, that's a glitch in your OS.

Upgrade to the latest device OS available will solve that. See the Sticky Note at the top of this 9700 section.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #23
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

i personally love the threaded sms app. i had it on my bold (the Empower one.. remember we beta tested it?) and i thought it was super funky. i guess everyone can't be completely satisfied!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
Rend
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: T-Mobile, at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by twirlwhenyoudance View Post
I called Blackberry helpline ths morning. The operator didn't really get the problem I had with converstional style. Eventually he confessed he does not text, so I had to explain how important it is with teenage children to know their agenda. "I'll be back in half an hour" does not need to be linked to my texting "don't forget your tutor this afternoon"
I would like to know information about texts - like what time someone has said "be there in half an hour". If I have replied to that text then only the time of my answer shows up!

I want to have a straightforward list not conversational style. Can we please pressurize Blackberry to make an update for this. Surely one should be able to opt out of this annoying an badly designed format. I need to know time of ALL texts not just the latest.Also, why to I have to see the last text I sent someone taking up most of the screen? When I am texting I can only see two lines at the bottom. The previous text would usually be irrelevant. I DON"T CHAT ON MY BLACKBERRY. Sorry to winge on this site but I can't believe there is no option to view texts in separate chronological order.
I am in complete agreeance with this person. You should be able to turn threading off, and you should also have the ability to see detailed info about a text (time/date).

-T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700 (Black)

Last edited by Rend; 02-11-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Closed Thread