BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
hnwosu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Default YouMail on your 8700. Any problems?

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone using YouMail? I have a few issues with their service, I'm just trying to see if its the system or just me.

I just started using YouMail, and I'm having a problem with the voicemail indicators. Cingular's system sends out a vm indicator everytime a voicmail is recieved, so you basically know how many vm's you have waiting. It seems that YouMail only sends out a VM indicator if there are no other new messages on the system. Which means if you get a new voicemail and have a message waiting you will not get the notification of new voicmail, and the icon keeps the number one, instead of the real number of voicmail messages you have.

In addition, if VM is listened to and deleted online, the vm indicator on the phone does not dissappear. You actually have to recieve a new message first and delete it from the phone before the vm indicator disappears.

I sent a message to YouMail, maybe they have a fix, if not I may go back to the old system.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
akg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc
Carrier: AT&T

I had this problem but I think I'm going to just have a regular TXT message sent; their VM notifier uses SMS anyway so with a detailed TXT message you get the number that left the voicemail too. Then you don't have to worry about the notification going away. I figure if I'm going to see the VM icon I'm going to see at text message.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
pbaird
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I use YouMail with a T-Mobile 8700G. I selected the option that sends me a text message, instead of using the indicator. I like it, because I know who the message is from, which in turn helps me decide if I need to stop what I am doing, or if it can wait. Since I don't use sms other than that, it gives me a nice list of my voice mails and times as well. Finally, when I check the text message, I can highlight either the vm number, or the caller's number, and call right from the message.

Overall, I've been really happy with the service. I emailed them once with a question, and an actual person called me to talk and make sure they understood what I was asking, and answered me while on the phone. I couldn't believe it.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
hailer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

I've been using it for about a week now. I use the text message feature to notify me of new voice mails. No probs so far.

I've heard one person complain that some of their contacts were not able to leave messages after the greeting message but I haven't come across that issue yet.

I also like viewing the online account because you can see all callers that have called you and at what times of the day they called (even if they don't leave a message).
Closed Thread