MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Blackberry Bold 9700
Default Am I going nuts? Seriously...

Please Login to Remove!

Seriously wtf?

I got my blackberry 9700 took me 4hrs to wipe the device and fully reload the software due to App Error 593, because the device didn't properly be recognized/connected to anything.

1) The Stand By Mode/Key Lock is messed up...you know when you "lock" symbol on the phone on top of the screen? When I press it the phone goes completely blank and then it locks it. (Which is normal like my previous phone; but it didn't go COMPLETELY BLANK???)

And the Stand By Mode; which is on the other one no the top overhead side of the blackberry, (in my previous blackberry 9700, when I press the stand by mode which is the right presser, it goes into stand by mode)....now in my replacement it doesn't, it doesn't even do anything....?

2) Whenever I plug in my phone, connected with the USB to my computer, it doesn't ask me (which in my previous phone it did), do I want enable mass storage (to view all my files physical in my computer)...now in my replacement phone it doesn't even notify me or anything and yes everything is configured in the Memory options to enabled mass storage....so whats going on?

3. When I am in my home screen, the lettering and symbol: 3G is a smaller font. Meaning...when I go to any other folder or any other destination, the "3G" font increases to normal font but when I go to my home screen it is smaller....?

4) Last time I remembered, on the keyboard the " space " bar...now when I type and my thumb sometimes uses the right side of THE SPACE BAR...but there is no sensory compressor, meaning its not click-able neither is the left side, but only when you press on the space bar in the middle of the space bar then it works...what the hell its very hard because my thumb is naturally presses the space bar at the right/left side of the space bar and its frustrating that as I type it doesn't work and I have to press in the middle of the bar?

What is causing this? can the software be causing this? Should I get another replacement from TMobile (Asurion)? I just want a blackberry that I wont have to be fixing and adjusting...now and in the near future? please help me =(

Last edited by MoeTee; 11-27-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Am I going nuts? Seriously...

If the BB is new get a replacement. Why did you replace the OS? Did you use the OS designed for the phone model?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
If the BB is new get a replacement. Why did you replace the OS? Did you use the OS designed for the phone model?
Because I was getting a App Error 523 I think it was at startup and it kepted reloading. I used the OS it came with the device so I reloaded to its same one as a reformat.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:10 AM   #4
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTee View Post
Because I was getting a App Error 523 I think it was at startup and it kepted reloading. I used the OS it came with the device so I reloaded to its same one as a reformat.
Try a battery pull. The service books get reloaded during a pull and that at least may fix the 3g lower case (no BIS) problem

If the font is still small. Call your provider and ask that they reboot your network.

if its still glitchy. Just get 9700/6.0.0.358. It runs beautifully on the 9700. Unless your provider is holding back on selling the 9780 and 9800, their Network should be ready for OS 6. If you don't like 6. You can roll back to 5. But at least you should check this site for your providers latest OS availability.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

And here's 9700/6.0.0.358 - if you want to try it.

---------

Backup your BB first.

Then go to:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SN0E878G

Download the 155mb file to your PC.

Make sure Desktop Manager is CLOSED - do not use it or open it during this procedure!

Double click on the downloaded file to extract/install it.

When it's done installing - Open: C:/Program Files/Common files/Research in motion/AppLoader - (file folder).

Delete the file called Vendor.xml

then - double click on Loader.exe in that same folder

Plug in your BB. Loader will recognize the PIN. Select the 3rd party Apps you want to transfer to the new OS 6 (NOTE! OS 6.0 is big! So only transfer the absolute must haves! Don't take any themes (they won't work and may crash the BB)!!!! Don't keep useless apps you MIGHT use one day.... Keep it small and critical! You can always add them later. Start the upgrade. When it's done (about 45min) you will have a Rocket Berry 9700.

Note: 6 boots in under 2 min! And 358 is the best 6 build I've used, so far (344 was a memory bleeder). If you start to see the Hourglass often, get Power Mem from Appworld ($4 USD). It stops memory bleed in its tracks. and Quickpull is very useful too.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Dreams View Post
Try a battery pull. The service books get reloaded during a pull and that at least may fix the 3g lower case (no BIS) problem

If the font is still small. Call your provider and ask that they reboot your network.

if its still glitchy. Just get 9700/6.0.0.358. It runs beautifully on the 9700. Unless your provider is holding back on selling the 9780 and 9800, their Network should be ready for OS 6. If you don't like 6. You can roll back to 5. But at least you should check this site for your providers latest OS availability.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

And here's 9700/6.0.0.358 - if you want to try it.

---------

Backup your BB first.

Then go to:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Download the 155mb file to your PC.

Make sure Desktop Manager is CLOSED - do not use it or open it during this procedure!

Double click on the downloaded file to extract/install it.

When it's done installing - Open: C:/Program Files/Common files/Research in motion/AppLoader - (file folder).

Delete the file called Vendor.xml

then - double click on Loader.exe in that same folder

Plug in your BB. Loader will recognize the PIN. Select the 3rd party Apps you want to transfer to the new OS 6 (NOTE! OS 6.0 is big! So only transfer the absolute must haves! Don't take any themes (they won't work and may crash the BB)!!!! Don't keep useless apps you MIGHT use one day.... Keep it small and critical! You can always add them later. Start the upgrade. When it's done (about 45min) you will have a Rocket Berry 9700.

Note: 6 boots in under 2 min! And 358 is the best 6 build I've used, so far (344 was a memory bleeder). If you start to see the Hourglass often, get Power Mem from Appworld ($4 USD). It stops memory bleed in its tracks. and Quickpull is very useful too.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Tried all that but not the service books. The error is gone after wiping the device and installing the handheld device but these problems still exist and its pissing me off. I don’t even want to do that I am going to the T-Mobile store, explain it to them then make them call T-Mobile (Asurion) and complain and get a new replacement. I checked the 6 OS and I rather not have it lol, I like the 5 OS. But I will save what you wrote if I do have a change in mind man, appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Not being critical but this is the second BB and your having issues. After you wiped the phone did you try it before loading anything optional. Sometimes apps will cause issues such as the 523 error code you received. Not all apps play well and some even cause major issues. I would try doing a wipe and not loading any thing else . go thru setup for restore your email and stop. Donxxx8217;t even load contacts. Something may be corrupted in the contact database. If this works then something your adding os corrupted.
Closed Thread