BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
elliemaybrown

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Unhappy my bold won't turn on!! Not even a red light.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

so i've read up tons on this and seems lots of people have this problem. It all started a month or two ago when my bb started crashing, and instead of powering back up, would have nothing but the red light flashing twice and then pausing over and over. The only way I could start it up was to take the battery out and turn it on manually.

Then it started crashing completely, and I would have to plug it into the charger to get it to turn on. This would usually happen when i had a full battery. It didn't matter if it was running low.

It got real bad a few weeks ago and just completely crashed. I couldn't even get a red light when i did a battery pull. I left the battery out over night and in the morning I could get a red light when i plugged it into charge or toook the battery out, but it would only last for about 5 seconds and i was left with the same dead phone. I took it into a phone shop and the guy put his bold battery in it and it powered up fine, so I bought a new battery and it worked straight away. The crashing still happened, but i just lived with it.

Now it has turned off completely again and even after i left the battery out over night and have been trying all these different things recommended on the net (even though i haven't seen one post from anyone who has the exact same problem as me) but it just won't work. it won't even register when i connect it to my mac.

i don't know if it's relevant, but according to my friends my bb messenger name has a nice big red x next to it too!!

anyone know what i could do other than bin it?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

I'm sorry to hear. Did you get it wet? was it near moisture? In the bathroom during a hot shower? Mist from a fountain or waterfall? In your pocket during rain?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
elliemaybrown

Carrier: orange

nope, no water whatsoever. It's the second time this has happened too so i doubt it's waterdamage!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

I noticed you mentioned that its not recognized by your Mac when you connect. Have you tried it on a PC? If not, maybe you should and if it works, do try and change the OS (whether try the latest official or leaked OS for your device) and see if that helps.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
JOCK

Model: 8100
Carrier: ORANGE

Dont know if this will work but what you can try is to downgrade the os to see if this solves the issue.When i bricked my storm all i had was a blank screen and the red led light on.I read a thread on recovering a nuked berry which is where it continually is in a cycle on rebooting so your pc cannot detect he device,but mine was not even rebooting just lifeless with the led on.The thread was a step by step guide to using app loader to catch the device so that your pc could detect it and then load the os you asked it to onto the handset,it worked for me and i had the device up and running in and hour.
This maynot be the exact same issue as you but it might help your pc to detect the device and you can go from there.The thread was on dare i say it,Crackberry.com in the help section.

Cheers JOCK
Closed Thread