PDA

View Full Version : setting to only recieve email during timeframe?

cbare
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Here's one I haven't seen elsewhere, inluss I'm really missingit!

I'd like my BB to only check a POP3(actualy IMAP) account during certain hours, such as checking my work email after hours when I am not sitting at my ddesk looking at my corporate Outlook.

I mean, I don't need work hours email clogging my BB when I can answer it immediately anyway.

Is there some way to tell BIS or someone that I only want it to check a POP3/IMAP account during a specified range of hours?

Thanks!

-cb

JSanders
11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
No, it can't be scheduled.

You CAN turn off wireless for that period of time. Options > Network. But on the 8700 with OS 4.1 that will also disable the phone.

cbare
11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Well I came up with a workaround:

When I get in to work, I open the Outlook client we use here, and leave it open all day set to NOT leave messages on server. That way it sucks the messages out before BB can check them.

When I leave for the day and close Outlook client, BB can once again see what gets sent to my work email server.

Not elegant, but it works.

-cb

JSanders
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Good workaround for your needs.

Me, I often need an email for reference in the evening, weekend or when traveling. It's easy enough for me at the end of the day to mass delete those emails I don't need on my BB.