PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Blackberry 8830 Dataplan

pops918
11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
:bb: Hi guys, Im a new BB user, an 8830 to be exact. I just gave up a sprint Mogul. Is there any way to get past that $29.00 blackberry plan for data connection with Sprint? Im just curious.

JSanders
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the BBForums!

Please read this:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

And you can try this as a partial workaround:
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_are_the_TCP_and_APN_settings%3F)

So--you will/may get some data applications to work. You will NOT get the BB browser, push email and complete data usage. It is a partial workaround.

gadgetjunkies
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the BBForums!

Please read this:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

And you can try this as a partial workaround:
What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_are_the_TCP_and_APN_settings%3F)

So--you will/may get some data applications to work. You will NOT get the BB browser, push email and complete data usage. It is a partial workaround.

If you change the TCP settings as insrtucted for Opera Mini, will that cause any problems with anything else? I'm on AT&T btw.

JSanders
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
No, the TCP settings are the same for all applications which require that connection.

ja158948
11-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey Guys I work for sprint and to let you all know there is really no way of getting around the data plan. But on a good note with that $30 data plan you get unlimited text, GPS, and internet. Sprint charges a lot for data uses if you don't have that plan your bill will be high each month. And they up the text message price as well so if you go over your text messages or don't have a text plan it will cost you .20 cent per message.

Daytripper63
11-08-2007, 10:51 AM
29.00? which plan is that? Is that the 10mb plan? I am paying 49.00 for unlimited through sprint, I was told the 10mb plan does not go very far. Is that true?

juwaack68
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
The new $29.99 BIS plan is unlimited. But will not work for BES users.

rjansen3
11-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Is this plan listed anywhere? I want to make sure it exists before I call Sprint and have to deal with people saying "I have no knowledge of that plan sir" That gets really old really fast!

Chrscott22
11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Is this plan listed anywhere? I want to make sure it exists before I call Sprint and have to deal with people saying "I have no knowledge of that plan sir" That gets really old really fast!

Nope, not really listed anywhere official online. It's called "Power Vision Blackberry Pack". I switched over and had this added yesterday. BIS email, power vision, ultd text, and ultd sprint navigation.

rjansen3
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
everything is unlim. then? Cause I am sick of getting nit-picked on for the text messages. telenav usage count as sprint navigation usage, seeing as though sprint navagation is a branded telenav app?

Kevin101
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
See I called Sprint yesterday because where i upgraded my phone/activated it (BestBuy Mobile) They told me about the plan. There were TONS of problems trying to get this phone onto the internet. It took me calls to their customer Service (one lady admitted there is a plan for $30 with unlimited txt, but couldn't get it me) and the other one told me there wasn't. I then placed calls to my Sprint Represenative (I work for Best Buy as well) and then he shot me some SNAP/FAST number where the guy downright lied and said the "Power Vision BlackBerry Pack" doesn't work on BlackBerrys nor does the "Power Vision Pro Pack".... I got work tonight and I'm going in to have them change the plan instore to Pro pack, then i wont get his with the $40 BB data plan and the $15 Unlimited Txt.

Toan04
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
This new $30/month bb plan is a great deal, i just got switched over last night. To get the plan added onto your account you need to be under the new ensemble billing system and not the old p2k billing system.

When u call, ask them which billing system your account is under, if its p2k then ask to be migrated over to ensemble and they will be able to add the plan for you.

Kevin101
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll try letting BestBuy Mobile change my plan 1st off, if not tonight when I get off work at 11pm, i'll be on the phone again.

jaferd
11-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Does the new $30/month plan also give you unlimited PAM as well?

wase4711
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
See I called Sprint yesterday because where i upgraded my phone/activated it (BestBuy Mobile) They told me about the plan. There were TONS of problems trying to get this phone onto the internet. It took me calls to their customer Service (one lady admitted there is a plan for $30 with unlimited txt, but couldn't get it me) and the other one told me there wasn't. I then placed calls to my Sprint Represenative (I work for Best Buy as well) and then he shot me some SNAP/FAST number where the guy downright lied and said the "Power Vision BlackBerry Pack" doesn't work on BlackBerrys nor does the "Power Vision Pro Pack".... I got work tonight and I'm going in to have them change the plan instore to Pro pack, then i wont get his with the $40 BB data plan and the $15 Unlimited Txt.
had the SAME THING happen to me 2 days ago when I bought this; Best Buy had the flyer showing the new plan, but wasn't able to enter in on my account; then, while calling sprint to try and get them to add it, it took me 2 days and 8 conversations to finally get someone in tech support who cared enough to make it happen for me..It turns out if you are an EXISTING Sprint customer, you are on their OLD billing system; only people on the NEW billing system, which was just implemented in the last couple of days, can get this special new unlimited plan for 30 bucks..
Keep trying, because within a week or so, they claim everyone will be on the new system, and should be able to sign up for this plan easily..

Chrscott22
11-09-2007, 07:58 PM

It not supposed to but I called over and over and over until I found someone who added it for me. I also got them to add the new "Pick 3" for me too 8-) . I literally spent about 4 hrs on the phone with CS but it was WELL worth it.

I'm very happy with my BB now!!!

Toan04
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM

As far as i know the $30/month plan gives you unlimited data, e-mail, txt msg, sprint navigation and sprint tv (tv only works on the soon to be released pearl i believe)

It does not include BES or PAM (phone as modem)

gameboy213
11-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I am on the biggest Sprint plan.... I just want them to add the free Navigator to the account..... but they said they can't. BS if you ask me.

southwestcomm
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
It's bundled into the new plan. They can't add a feature to your current plan. Just change to the new plan...?

I am on the biggest Sprint plan.... I just want them to add the free Navigator to the account..... but they said they can't. BS if you ask me.

Kevin101
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
had the SAME THING happen to me 2 days ago when I bought this; Best Buy had the flyer showing the new plan, but wasn't able to enter in on my account; then, while calling sprint to try and get them to add it, it took me 2 days and 8 conversations to finally get someone in tech support who cared enough to make it happen for me..It turns out if you are an EXISTING Sprint customer, you are on their OLD billing system; only people on the NEW billing system, which was just implemented in the last couple of days, can get this special new unlimited plan for 30 bucks..
Keep trying, because within a week or so, they claim everyone will be on the new system, and should be able to sign up for this plan easily..

So it took me about45 minutes all together, but I finally got this taken care of, atleast for now. I was directed to another lady and I explained my problem. Her answer was "off the record, this is the department that Sprint sends their customers too that they are afraid that they are going to lose".. I take advantage of the situation and i just start cussing up a storm. We finally got to the agreement that I'll be able to have the same features of the plan but won't be able to be switched over to the ensamble system. The reason for this is because if she were to manually migrate my information then my cell phone could be down for 4-5 days. Instead, now for the next YEAR i'm getting a 15% discount on all my reoccuring changers (on top of my 22% from company) and another $10 credit to cover the cost of my unlimited txt msgs. Her answer was that within the next year my acct should be switched over. I'll continue to recieve the discounts even when my acct moves and is switched auto to this "blackberry pack" (I doubt that, but well see) So after the 20m wait to talk to this lady, gave her a piece of my mind and here i am. a happy little Sprint camper again....this whole situation took about 4 days to resolve. :\

Kevin101
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Heh I just called sprint to take off my equip prot I got the third degree. I guess theuy don't like seeing reoccuring money from me deminising.

AnthroMatt
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
So it took me about45 minutes all together, but I finally got this taken care of, atleast for now. I was directed to another lady and I explained my problem. Her answer was "off the record, this is the department that Sprint sends their customers too that they are afraid that they are going to lose".. I take advantage of the situation and i just start cussing up a storm. We finally got to the agreement that I'll be able to have the same features of the plan but won't be able to be switched over to the ensamble system. The reason for this is because if she were to manually migrate my information then my cell phone could be down for 4-5 days. Instead, now for the next YEAR i'm getting a 15% discount on all my reoccuring changers (on top of my 22% from company) and another $10 credit to cover the cost of my unlimited txt msgs. Her answer was that within the next year my acct should be switched over. I'll continue to recieve the discounts even when my acct moves and is switched auto to this "blackberry pack" (I doubt that, but well see) So after the 20m wait to talk to this lady, gave her a piece of my mind and here i am. a happy little Sprint camper again....this whole situation took about 4 days to resolve. :\
I had them migrate me so I could get the plan. 3 of my 4 lines were down, only about 2 hours. No biggie. The 4th line they ended up changing my phone number twice.

Then the fun began: my "old" account gets a bill for $1100! They billed me for 5 ETF's even though I only have 4 lines. They reset all my contract dates and handset upgrade rebate dates. They never set my "new" account up with any of the add-ons I had (SMS, BB data, Vision, Insurance). They took away my work discount and I had to have that added. I used to have first incoming minute free...gone and never coming back. I spent over 8 hours on the phone with them trying to get everything resolved. I was promised a call back from CS within 24 hours of the initial problems. After 6 days I gave up and called em myself. Everything seems to be fine now, but it was a total nightmare and I nearly jumped to T-Mobile.

Why Sprint can't make the new features available on both billing systems is beyond me. It's pretty much just pure laziness and unwillingness to pay programmers to write the plans into both systems. Since Sprint won't get the conversions to the new billing system done for at least a year, a lot of customers are going to be screwed out of being able to get the latest and greatest Sprint has to offer, and I think it is totally wrong of them to do that.

Kevin101
11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I'm running into nothing but problems not only with sprint but also with my blackberry. Now my battery isn't lasting me 8 hours... Its only 6 days old, something has to be wrong...

gameboy213
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
It's bundled into the new plan. They can't add a feature to your current plan. Just change to the new plan...?

I would but I need the BES option and that is only on the larger/more expensive plan sadly. I figure they should be able to add it for me as I am paying for the more expensive plan anyway...