PDA

View Full Version : Recovering saved contacts without the access password

metanol
01-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Hello,

This is my first post at this forum and probably the second time that I got a Blackberry device on my hands, actually I'm HTC device's user.

For some days ago a friend of mine gave me his Blackberry 7105t in order to recover all the contacts saved on the phone, but the problem is: he didn't use the phone for a long time, because he bought an new device (Nokia) and now results that he wants to get all the contacts of the Blackberry but he forgot the access password, the phone has only 1 attempt left. What can I do?

Could somebody tell me if there's a way to recover the contacts using the sync. PC program and avoiding the entry of a password?

THX for your support.

JSanders
01-18-2008, 07:39 AM
There is not. At the 10th wrong password, the device will wipe of all personal information. He will just need to remember. if you synced the information, you would still need the password.
Being able to do all you are attempting without knowing the password would defeat all security of the phone, rendering RIM's reputation worthless.

metanol
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
He never did a sync. of his data with the PC, now he'll regret that. In some way I find the security of the system for a good thing on BB devices, but silly when something like that happens.

Does Blackberry support that kind of troubles..???

JSanders
01-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Did the user ever do a backup of the device (different than a sync)?

oh, and welcome to the forum, also.

metanol
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Did the user ever do a backup of the device (different than a sync)?

oh, and welcome to the forum, also.

He didn't, he's not the kind of user who implements an action like that.

But anyway thx for your help. I hope the next runs better.

JSanders
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Good luck.