PDA

View Full Version : iphone sim

MERK350Z
02-06-2008, 07:00 PM
just wanted to give everyone the heads up i used to have the iphone and went back to blackberry i am using the same sim card that the iphone came with in my 8800 and i have the BIS data plan well i droped the same sim card in the iphone and the phone still works and so does the data on it. is that suppose to happen

tsac
02-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Not BB services. Are you talking about Internet access or text messages?
does it get push email? and are you able to send email?

MERK350Z
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Not BB services. Are you talking about Internet access or text messages?
does it get push email? and are you able to send email?

well the iphone does not have push e mail but i was able to download and send e mail send text messages go online and check my voice mail. the voice mail it had to go to my voicemail box like a regular phone. seems like everything works wow so when ever i want i can drop the sim in there and use it thats nice. when i go out i dont need my blackberry so i guess i can chill with the iphone. dont get me wrong i still dont like it as much as the blackberry.

tsac
02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
From everything I have read and can find it should not fully work. Some features will but not all.
Are you sure it has not been over powered by a creature from Apple?
look close !!!:razz:

MERK350Z
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
From everything I have read and can find it should not fully work. Some features will but not all.
Are you sure it has not been over powered by a creature from Apple?
look close !!!:razz:

i cant belive it myself i took it out of the box i was about to return it because i was not happy with the performance. so i was like let me see what happens if i drop the sim card in again . BAM it works it works i am chatting on it in text messages downloaded emails and everything i dont get it

tsac
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Well maybe some else can answer why. I still say it should not but if you say so maybe you stumbled onto something no one else has before. Would be nice to see this will work for someone else. I would suspect the BB service must be on at&t

MERK350Z
02-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Well maybe some else can answer why. I still say it should not but if you say so maybe you stumbled onto something no one else has before. Would be nice to see this will work for someone else. I would suspect the BB service must be on at&t

the sim org came from the ipone but i dropped the plan and got back on the BIS using the same sim they told me i can use it. so just wanted to see if the phone would even work and i was like holy shit know i can use it when i want and still download emails when not using my bb

kmhphoto
02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
just wanted to give everyone the heads up i used to have the iphone and went back to blackberry i am using the same sim card that the iphone came with in my 8800 and i have the BIS data plan well i droped the same sim card in the iphone and the phone still works and so does the data on it. is that suppose to happen

Yes.

lolaisodd
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
*bimbo mode*

My girly fingers are still not accustomed to iPhone's sleek interface, too sleek for me. iPhone does not help a girl with long fingernails (unless she is willing use her nice, manicured nail as a stylus).

I still love my BlackBerry and my thumbs fit perfectly with my sexy BlackBerry Curve and shows off my manicured nails at the same time.

Efissimo
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if you can switch back and forth between IPhone and BB?
I have an 8800 BES with ATT and want to know if I get the Iphone just for fun, if I can switch, Kindda like business mode BB and Iphone mode for the weekends;-)

marirodri123
04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I work for AT&T. Your particular situation is a rare one. But i would be careful because in your case you have an iphone and a blackberry. Each device has its own particular data plan to be put onto. So if your on a blackberry data plan and your using your sim card in the iphone and even though it works using your email and logging on the web you might get a VERY HIGH BILL. In other words. if your using the blackberry you have to have the blackberry plan. If your using the iPhone you have to be on a iphone data plan. When a phone is not provisioned correctly with the right data plan, you might get away with it for a while but eventually our system will detect that you have a wrong data plan and you will get a bill as big as a rent payment. Ive seen this happen in the past when customers get a windows phone and have a blackberry service plan. Ive seen bills as high as $1000. You have to pick what phone you want to use and get the right data package. Hope this helps.:-o

MedEdGuy
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
There's nothing "special" about an iPhone sim. Any new ATT sim will work fine in the iPhone, and any iPhone sim will work fine in the Blackberry.

But, as a previous poster mentioned, just be sure you have the correct data plan. :)

rwireless
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
How would that work??? How will Backberry get a cut?? is your BIS mail working?

Sith_Apprentice
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
if you have the BB Data plan, you get the BIS email/data on your BB, then you get basic data on the iPhone (no visual voicemail for instance). there are numerous threads on this here. Without the BB data plan, using just the iphone data, its the same as having a generic data plan on your BB, no push email, BBM, etc.