PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Keeps redirecting to "mobile" site

QuantumRN
11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
I've been posting on the national guard forums from my blackberry for months and all of a sudden I am only redirected to their new "mobile" page. All my bookmarks redirect me to the same freaking page 1-800-GO-GUARD.com (http://www.1800goguard.com/mobile/) when I am trying to go here 1-800-GO-GUARD.com (http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/index.php)

This is really frustrating me.... any advice???

I tried my opera mini and it's the same thing.

Oh, and I did do a hard battery pull.... no change.

zerog46
11-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Try changing your emulation mode to IE and see if that works.

QuantumRN
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Try changing your emulation mode to IE and see if that works.

Okay, I tried both Microsoft and MS Pocket IE and no change.

zerog46
11-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Did you clear the history after you changed the emulation mode.

wu-wei
11-18-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd also send a request to the web admin to include a link to a 'classic' or 'full' mode of the site in the footer of the mobile page.

QuantumRN
11-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Did you clear the history after you changed the emulation mode.

Okay, just tried that... Nothing, same stupid page. It was weird because I was actually on the forum posting 5 days ago when it suddenly switched over. No setting changes, nothing. The first time it happened, it just resolved on its own a day later. This time.... Who knows... It hates me!

pinhead
11-19-2008, 01:24 AM
For me, CNN.com does the same thing, and they have no link to the normal US site. In order to view CNN from any of my phones I have to use their international sites.

QuantumRN
11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Is it possible that this problem has nothing to do with my bb settings and everything to do the site I'm visiting?

I tried to update the OS but it's a military issued phone and I couldn't do it.

Can someone click on the 2 links in my original post and tell me what you see from your blackberry? Is it redirecting you too?

wu-wei
11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (8800)

I'm running 4.5.0.81.

If I visit the target link with emulation set to Blackberry, I get redirected to the wap version (no forum).

If I set emulation to Microsoft IE, I get to the forum page just fine.

I cleared my cache between each emulation option change, too.