PDA

View Full Version : Noobie needs help with 8330 setup

Irwin II
02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I feel like an idiot,but I just cannot get this to work. Have been on the Palm desktop for 10 years and just moved to BB 8330. Device is fun to use, but VERY different from my Treo 650. I'm beginning to think that the 8330 will not be able to do what I had hoped i.e. get me an updated device to replace my 650. Hoping I'm wrong - that's why I need your help badly.

I cannot get my organizer data to move from the 650 to the 8330 when I go to transfer using the BB Desktop. Process starts OK and calendar records are exporting from the Palm Desktop until I get to record #4737 (out of 5027) and EVERYTHING STOPS AND LOCKS UP. I have to close the BB and Palm desktops using task manager.

There are no error messages; everything just stops. What am i doing wrong?

I'm very frustrated. I want this thing to work. HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

kjjb0204
02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Welcome to BBF. What organizer software are you using?

Dubdub
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Can you sync the Palm Desktop to Outlook and then sync the BB to Outlook?

Also could be a corrupt record causing the problem. Do you know if it a calendar or a contact entry?

Irwin II
02-09-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm using BB Desktop Manager (I don't know all the 'initials' yet except BB) version 4.3.0.17; this is what was on the installation CD. Bought the 8330 on Friday. I'm moving organizer data from a Treo 650.

As to Outlook. I've never used it and don't know anything about it. Used the Palm Desktop since my first calendar entry 3/1/99. I don't know how to sync to anything using this device. Just used the Switch Device Wizard. I'm not aware that I can sync the Palm Desktop directly to anything, but my Treo.

How could I tell if it is a corrupt record? Export locked up on calendar. I thought maybe I was exceeding some file number limit.