PDA

View Full Version : 7100g & Lotus Notes Reconciliation

Joat
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
We have deployed about 20 7100g's in our office since June. We are using Lotus Notes R6.0.3 as our mail client with a BES 3.6 server (located in another office out of state).

Everything generally works well, however, after doing some cleanup on my Notes account, I discovered that wireless reconciliation is not working as advertised. It is true that when I delete messages from the BB they are removed from my inbox, but the documents still reside in my Notes db. If I open the "All Documents" view, every message that I thought I deleted still resides in the db. Apparently the reconciliation only removes the link in the "Inbox" to the message (much like deleteing a FAT entry in DOS).

E-mail Reconciliaton is setup to "Delete on Mailbox & Handheld".

Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there a setting on the BES that needs to be tweaked? Is this a feature?

Thanks.

NVMY03GT
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Are your encryption keys up to date? Have you synched with your PC anytime recently?

Joat
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes - I just recently replaced mine with a loaner, so everything has been reset. It still occurs on mine as well as other users. I'm wondering if there is a BES setting that would effect this type of behavior. I do not have access to it though to see what the configuration is. Anyone else have any ideas?

disp350
11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I know it may not be the easiest solution, but you need to seriously consider upgrading your Notes and BES Platform. We have over 300 Blackberrys and we did both back in May. We migrated from Notes R5.012 to R6.5.4 and upgraded the BES to 4.0. The newer devices you are using were not written with the older code in mind. Yes, they are backwards compatable, but that does not mean every function will work. Remember, the vendors think (like Microsoft) that you are always using the latest and greatest. The BES 4.0 software adds so much more functionality to the Blackberry's with a lot of new administrative features. We have not had any of these issues since we converted all of our users to the latest Notes. It was a hassle to upgrade all of the Desktop Manager and handheld devices, but it was worth it. So if you have any say in it, you might want to consider trying to convince your IT Managers it's time to step up on some of your software. I would go for the BES upgrade first. The 3.6 software is farther out of date then Notes 6.0 is.

Joat
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
I had a sneaky suspicion that a mass upgrade to v4 was going to be the answer. Unfortunately, I work in a large organization for which the wheels of change grind ever slow slowly. We have a migration planned for the future that has negated the upgrading of the BES anytime soon.

Thanks for the info.