PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Tethering with VISTA?

Ryan8700
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone!

I'd really appreciate any fast responses to this urgent issue!

I NEED to tether my BlackBerry to my computer. I do this all the time on my Windows XP computer and it's very easy and works great, but right now I'm using Windows Vista and I cant seem to figure out how to tether my BBBold. I've done some Googling but I can't find clear (or current for that matter) instructions.

I'd really appreciate your help!

PS, I did do a Google search on this, but, does the IP on a blackberry change regularily? I need a static IP for the company I work for and I'm wondering if I can just tether my BlackBerry and have an instant standard IP. The general consensus I've found on Google is that it stays the same for months at a time but is not static (which is fine with me, as long as it's the same for months so my employer doesnt have to keep adding new IP's to our server).

Thanks!

Ryan

dc/dc
05-01-2009, 05:43 PM
What errors are you seeing when you attempt to set up the connection? I just spent a very long time making my Vista computer tether so I should be able to help you.

As far as IP addressing, all mobile devices (including BlackBerry) are provided with addresses via DHCP.

Ryan8700
05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
What errors are you seeing when you attempt to set up the connection? I just spent a very long time making my Vista computer tether so I should be able to help you.

As far as IP addressing, all mobile devices (including BlackBerry) are provided with addresses via DHCP.

I haven't encountered any problems, because I don't know where to start! On XP I know you just go to network connections in control panel and it's easy. I just dont knw HOW to set it up.

dc/dc
05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I haven't encountered any problems, because I don't know where to start! On XP I know you just go to network connections in control panel and it's easy. I just dont knw HOW to set it up.

I gotcha. Unfortunately, I'm a little too drunk right now to re-write all of the instructions just for Vista. Hopefully someone else can step in and help you out since it's urgent.

Trimix
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Try this: Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Using_BlackBerry_As_Modem)