PDA

View Full Version : Adelphia and 7100i

homehandyman
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
When I attempt to long into my adelphia account through the blackberry browser i get a error and my phone says it needs to reset. Any ideas?

martin_j001
11-18-2005, 02:10 PM
is the Adelphia account pop3 or imap? If so, there's no need to log into it using the web (in this case, some sites don't recognize the browser type that you are using, and sign in can't be accomplished--same occurs with some banking sites). If the Adelphia account is pop3 or imap, why not add it to your BWC account and have email automatically delivered to your bb?

homehandyman
11-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Martin first off thanks for your reply.

The reason I wanted to log into the account opposed to the pop method was I wanted to be able to either leave it on the adelphia server or erase it prior to going into my outlook when I fire it up. I am new to blackberry however with using the BIS its my understanding I can only have it forward and delete or Forward and saved however I can not chose on each email. Its one setting for all. My thought was if I acces it through the internet I can erase or keep.

dc/dc
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Not sure about Nexhell, but with T-Mobile's latest BIS, the BB interacts with the mail on the server, and if you delete from the BB, it will not come into Outlook.

martin_j001
11-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Martin first off thanks for your reply.

The reason I wanted to log into the account opposed to the pop method was I wanted to be able to either leave it on the adelphia server or erase it prior to going into my outlook when I fire it up. I am new to blackberry however with using the BIS its my understanding I can only have it forward and delete or Forward and saved however I can not chose on each email. Its one setting for all. My thought was if I acces it through the internet I can erase or keep.

Yes, thats true that its one or the other--which would leave you having to log into the Adelphia account separately to delete/save messages. I have to do the same thing with my hotmail, but I go into that account maybe once a week to clean it up--its just something I've gotten used to.... You could try to play around with the emulation mode settings of the bb browser and see if one works at all...go into Browser->Options->Browser Configuration and change the "Emulation Mode" setting and try logging into the Adelphia account using different emulation modes. It may or may not work, but its worth a shot....