PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my problem

k40jeep
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Alright so I have used a palm pilot since like the nineth grade. I currently had a tungsten e2 and a motorola e815 phone. Yesterday I broke down and bought a 7130e. My parents are all over my ass about it. I am taking a lot of heat for spending the money on it while there was nothing wrong with the two items I was using. Also for spending $50 a month when I am in college. Should I just take the heat and keep it or just suck it up and return it and go back to using two things?

martin_j001
12-12-2005, 07:37 AM
It is entirely up to you and what your needs are. If you want almost instant email, then the bb is the better choice, if you don't need it then cheaper is better....

kirwoodd
12-12-2005, 08:31 AM
If you have to ask...
then send it back.
A true gadget guy can either defend any gadget decision, no matter how stoopid, OR, doesnt need to. :)

junior1790
12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Since you are still a student i can't imagine that you need instant e-mail like most of us here probably do. I am a sales rep traveling 75% of the time so for me it's vital. in the end it's up to you. also if you have a voice plan with unlimited data, it's more than 50.00 a month!!!!!

Achilles
12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Blackberry or "TWO" devices...... hmmm.

JROCK2004
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I think that as a college student it would come in handy for when professors need to get you that important e-mail but cost is everything. If you plan to keep this device I am sure you could sell the other 2 to cover up some of the cost.

kirwoodd
12-14-2005, 07:55 AM
I think that as a college student it would come in handy for when professors need to get you that important e-mail but cost is everything. If you plan to keep this device I am sure you could sell the other 2 to cover up some of the cost.

as background information...
I think that EVERYONE should have either a blackberry, or a blackberry like device. Yes, everyone. Everyone can benefit from instant access to email, schedules, contacts, etc. Having said that....

Dood,
"when professors need to get you that important e-mail..." ?
COME ON!!!!
On the one hand I totally disagree, professor email is rarely, if ever, that time critical, if it is, then you need remedial time management training.. On the other hand, NICE rationalization! You are a TRUE gadget guy! :)