PDA

View Full Version : voicemail/message indicators on 7130e - verizon

pnd4pnd
12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
i am really confused about how voicemail and sms messages work. every time i get a voicemail, i get a SMS message indicating i have a voicemail. when i clear the voicemail, i get another SMS message indicating no voicemails. the voicemail indicator in the phone works normally, but why get these useless SMS messages?

also, after a voicemail, i get a message indicator on the phone that wont go away, even after i clear these SMS messages. can anyone explain what is going on and if i have some settings wrong??

thanks,
eric

ps - the learning curve on this phone is very high...

junior1790
12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
this goes along with a question i have in another thread, there has to ba a way to turn off these useless sms messages. I am also curious if there is a way to change colors of the sms messages to clearify what kind of message you are getting, any takers...

pnd4pnd
12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I spent quite some time with verizon's wireless data support prople on this issue. They said I am not supposed to get these messages. The guy tried changing some of the provisioning on the phone, but I still get them when a new voicemail arrives. I DONT get one now after clearing a voicemail. Hopefully since he elevated the problem to the next level support this will get resolved.

As a side note, the message that wouldn't go away turned out to be the missed call message. It's absurd to have to open this to get the icon to go away. Anyone know any settings that will change this behaviour?

Eric

petersenca45
02-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Same problem here. when someone leaves me a voicemail, it is not unusual for me to get (1) the missed call icon; (2) the voicemail waiting icon; and (3) a new message icon, which upon opening says I have a voicemail message.

To get rid of all three notifications, I need to (1) open up the phone window to view the missed call; (2) call into my voicemail; and (3) go to my messages folder and delete my message saying I have a new voicemail!

Is there anyway to stop this madness! All I want is the (2) voicemail waiting icon.

Thanks.

crackedoutontheblack
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Same problem here. when someone leaves me a voicemail, it is not unusual for me to get (1) the missed call icon; (2) the voicemail waiting icon; and (3) a new message icon, which upon opening says I have a voicemail message.

To get rid of all three notifications, I need to (1) open up the phone window to view the missed call; (2) call into my voicemail; and (3) go to my messages folder and delete my message saying I have a new voicemail!

Is there anyway to stop this madness! All I want is the (2) voicemail waiting icon.

Thanks.

Agreed! Complete waste of time, it is pure madness! I thought I was the only one thinking this was a PITA!

Anyone else with any suggestions????

PLEASE??

joeygator
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM

Thanks.

The only option I know of is to remove the call logging missed calls option. Change it to none and you will not see it any longer.

Corman
02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Has anyone figured out how for the voicemail not to send an SMS message. We use text messaging as our paging system and are required to have it on 24/7. The roblem is that my peole who work night shift do not like being awaken during the day from the voicemail SMS message. I would love some hel on this. I have a bunch of really angry people.

Changelives
10-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Any update on this? Did Verizon give us the ability to turn the VM SMS alert off?