PDA

View Full Version : not receiving Blackberry Messenger alerts

jeffmik
03-03-2006, 02:39 AM
I have a Telus Mobility 7130e that doesn't alert me at all when I receive a new alert or message through Blackberry Messenger.

I have looked through the profiles carefully and am sure that it is set correctly to make noise in and out of the holster and have even compared to another 7130e and had someone else check my settings.

I noticed that the version of Messenger that shipped with my 7130e in December was a bit older so I have upgraded to 1.0.94 and done the neccessary reboot but still no notification at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be doing this?

go2duke
03-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Did it notify you prior to the upgrade?.... "As I sit here thinking if I have been alerted by messages from BBMessenger?..."

Hard to tell if I have been alerted but I want to say that I have been while in the holster (my profile says vibe in, nothing out) and I am on 1.0.92.

-G2D

kb9liq
03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
On mine I only get it to vibe one time no matter what I have it set on in the profile. Mine is 1.0.94
Any ideas??

go2duke
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
As long as "messenger alerts" and Messenger - New messages" have a sound or vibe set, you should receive something... Also look at the volume setting on any sounds.. make sure it doesn't say MUTE.. default on mine was MUTE.

-G2D

kb9liq
03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I've checked all that but still all I get is one vibe.

jeffmik
03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
OK, confirming my settings:

Normal Profile is what I use 99% of the time.
I have Level 1 Messages, MessengerAlert and MessengerNewMessage all configured like this...

Out of Holster and In Holster (I don't use a holster just doing it to be sure): Tone
Tune: Notifier_LightSpeed (I also have played the tune to make sure its actually there)
Volume: Medium
Number of Beeps: 2
Repeat Notification: LED

Unless there is something else i'm missing??

jeffmik
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Alright, so the problem is fixed - but it wasn't easy and it shouldn't have been so hard. I bought this 7130e the day it was released with Telus Mobility and I'm now certain that it didn't have the same OS that is currently shipping, even though there is no update released.

First, I updated to Telus' newest Desktop Manager 4.1.0.10 (originally, mine was 4.1.0.08 ) and then I uninstalled Blackberry Messenger again. I ran a full backup of the Blackberry using Desktop Manager (which I later realised was unneccessary...)

I then downloaded Bell Mobility's OS A4.1.0.189 and installed it (following directions to delete vendor.xtml) this upgrade ran smooth and also performed a full backup/restore of all data on the device. The only thing I had to reinstall after the install was something I had bought from Handango and the theme program. ALL settings stayed the same on the phone that I can see.

Once it was all rebooting, I reinstalled Blackberry Messenger 1.0.94 and added back my contacts and now, magically, have notifications tones (or vibe if its set) again!