PDA

View Full Version : Back in Black!!!

Gazoo
05-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I went away from Rim and tried a UT/Starcom 6700 for a month.

Holy shmoly...what a pathetic piece of shite!! :-o

Sure it did all kinds of crazy stuff...but it really didn't do any of it well at all. I even tried 2 units.

The bluetooth headset worked intermittently and the units would freeze up once or twice a week, the phone sorta worked but had a very low volume and a useless speakerphone.

The unit was heavy, clunky and had absolutely terrible build quality. The pathetic battery wouldn't even last a normal workday with normal use. :-o

The huge slideout keyboard was nice though.

I went to a Blackberry 7130e this week and am so happy I could cry (Ok mybe not quite...but close). Its great to have something that is well designed, well built and actually works for my business and personal needs.(y)

Nickster248
06-01-2006, 12:43 AM
I went away from Rim and tried a UT/Starcom 6700 for a month.

Holy shmoly...

I went to a Blackberry 7130e this week and am so happy I could cry (Ok mybe not quite...but close). Its great to have something that is well designed, well built and actually works for my business and personal needs.(y)
I too came from the UT/Starcom 6700, only I had mine less than 2 weeks before switching to a BB 7130e. I was foolish enough to throw the Starcom box away after I bought it, and Telus would not take it back without the box. I am trying to sell it now.

The 7130e does everything I want it to, and does it well...at least I haven't had a problem so far.

Gazoo
06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I too came from the UT/Starcom 6700, only I had mine less than 2 weeks before switching to a BB 7130e. I was foolish enough to throw the Starcom box away after I bought it, and Telus would not take it back without the box. I am trying to sell it now.

Nice:-( ,

Telus was a real PIA to deal with this time. I'm really considering moving to Rogers next time. I'm on a car forum that has a lot of young people on it here in Calgary and they are very into tech stuff. If you want I'll post the 6700 for you there with your price, unit pic, shipping contact info?

FlyingElvis
06-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I tried VZW version of the 6700. Nice PDA, but without a real keypad, it was a hassle to use in bad lighting or with one hand.

It took me about 2 days to know it wasn't going to work for me. Traded it in for a 7130e and never looked back.

Gazoo
06-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I tried VZW version of the 6700. Nice PDA, but without a real keypad, it was a hassle to use in bad lighting or with one hand.

It took me about 2 days to know it wasn't going to work for me. Traded it in for a 7130e and never looked back.

it took me a few weeks.....I'm slow:oops: