PDA

View Full Version : BIG Shortcut List - 7100 and 72XX

Stinsonddog
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I want to share a very large shortcut list with the forum members. :-o I am doing this as a learning experience for all of us. It is a collection of tips from RIM documents, forums, and other wanderings. I am hoping that people will provide corrections and other ideas. Many of the 72XX shortcuts I would assume apply to many of the full QWERTY models :bb: .

As you can see from tag line, shortcuts are the way to go. (y)

KG
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
THanks for the tips.

I did that trick to get the actual numbers up instead of the bar.

Real cool, except how do I get it back to the bar?

Stinsonddog
03-16-2005, 01:36 PM
It's that easy.

THanks for the tips.

I did that trick to get the actual numbers up instead of the bar.

Real cool, except how do I get it back to the bar?

jrhett
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
• To open the phone application, press the green Phone icon (also known as the Send key) or start typing the number. Press and HOLD the Green Send button from either the Home Screen and/or the Phone application, and if you hold it down (don't be afraid ) for a few seconds, it will bring you to dial-by-name as with the old BBs.

This actually doesn't work on the 7100T.

This is actually the one killer feature that is going to make me return this thing, which I have grown to love. Alt-Esc-Roll for a year-Click-Click to get into the Address book is absolute nonsense. T-Mobile has disabled both ALT-A shortcut AND the hold-green, and thus the address book is nearly unusable.

briandor
03-16-2005, 03:33 PM

This is actually the one killer feature that is going to make me return this thing, which I have grown to love. Alt-Esc-Roll for a year-Click-Click to get into the Address book is absolute nonsense. T-Mobile has disabled both ALT-A shortcut AND the hold-green, and thus the address book is nearly unusable.

So just load the Cingular OS4 upgrade onto the 7100t. It's a newer version anyway. I did and holding the hold-green function works great.

gocyclones
03-16-2005, 04:18 PM

Works on my 7100t with 4.0.0.198 installed. What version do you have installed?

Stinsonddog
03-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I have discovered that you need to carefully name your Browser bookmarks becaue if you push a letter on the bookmark page it will list the bookmarks or folders that start with that letter in any word. You can use this as a shortcut.

blkberryboy
03-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Great list...Nice job compiling all the info floating around out there. Just putting it all together is a big job.

Also thanks to everyone who posts these short cuts, tips and tricks

BAC to you all
(BAC=Big A** Cudos)

savidon
03-18-2005, 03:30 PM

Works fine for me on the 7100g too ....

Thanks for the list.

meckenrode
03-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Excellent collection. Thanks.

szac
03-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the great work. The next and last read messages shorcut was just what I was hoping to find in there. The double spacebar for a period is nice too.

cheers

Stinsonddog
03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Most of the changes are in the calendar section.

capngeno
03-26-2005, 11:52 AM
StinsonDog, first thanks for the compilation of tips - AWESOME !! As a brand new user of the 7100g, this is right what the doctor ordered.

As far as your new version (calendar changes), I'm having trouble locating it. Is it the same place in this thread as your previous version, or in a different place? Sorry for not knowing this (seems I should). Thanks man.

Stinsonddog
03-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I replaced the older version 7 with version 8 so download what is there.

Stinsonddog
03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Fixed name and title of file to reflect version 8.

Commented on Reqwireless Webviewer - not a fan due to security issues.

note that the websites have embedded links you can use.

Hotwax007
03-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Only 9 Speed Dial Numbers available on the 7100, 26 are available on the full keyboard Blackberrys.

SNICKA
04-07-2005, 08:49 AM
i didn't see this in the shorcut doc.....is there a shortcut to send after you composed the message w/o using the trackwheel?

Stinsonddog
04-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I wish there were. Also for the 7100 my two most missed shortcuts are refresh the browser and switching calendar modes. If you find them you are my hero!

i didn't see this in the shorcut doc.....is there a shortcut to send after you composed the message w/o using the trackwheel?

Stinsonddog
04-16-2005, 09:36 AM
The tips document is still on the first post. The bblight reference has been deleted since the software is no longer available.

keithc
04-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Stinsonddog. I'm lovin' my BB more and more because of you.

djay
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
You are awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a zillion :-)

conwawj
10-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Great Job!

hey
11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
On my 7100, I could quickly switch to vibrate mode by holding down the # button. That does not seem to work on the 8700.

Anyone know how to quickly make the 8700 quiet?

I am a pocket user (i don't use the holster).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hey

taravangenderen
03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
i searched the forum to make sure that this is not a duplicate post of this shortcut. But I was in a hurry the other day opening and replying to an email and came across 4 being a shortcut to reply to a message. Hope this helps I know I'm glad to have stumbled upon it.

roofus
03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the tips Stinsonddog!

Just curious - on your site you mention one of your dogs is a Heeler/Shepherd.
It is my understanding that a heeler is a very small dog, and a sheperd is a very large dog. The logistics of producing a Heeler/Shepherd seem "insurmountable" for lack of a better word? :-o

Stinsonddog
03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Heelers are 40-60 pound cattle dogs from Austrailia. Mine, mixed with the Shepherd is 90 pounds. Really sweet dog.

It is my understanding that a heeler is a very small dog, and a sheperd is a very large dog. The logistics of producing a Heeler/Shepherd seem "insurmountable" for lack of a better word? :-o

roofus
03-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Like an Australian Cattle dog? I was thinking of a Lancashire Heeler.

KonTiki
03-24-2006, 01:52 PM

:oops:Step Ladder? Could not resist, I am sorry, and I will go sit in the corner now for an hour.:oops:

Stinsonddog
03-25-2006, 03:35 PM
http://Stinson.smugmug.com/photos/8132503-L.jpg

http://Stinson.smugmug.com/photos/8387256-L.jpg

http://Stinson.smugmug.com/photos/26080946-L.jpg

Favorite shots of Stinson
And one of Oreo
http://Stinson.smugmug.com/photos/61446069-L.jpg

:oops:Step Ladder? Could not resist, I am sorry, and I will go sit in the corner now for an hour.:oops:

KonTiki
03-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Stinson great looking dogs, I love the third one down.

Stinsonddog
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
We call that one Heeler in the Grass or Lion in the Grass

Stinson great looking dogs, I love the third one down.

scionxb
03-25-2006, 06:50 PM
is there a short cut while replying to a message to send other than clicking the track wheel and going to send? I read through the 72xx and didn't see it. the "R" to reply really helped shorten some functions for me

Stinsonddog
03-25-2006, 06:54 PM
No there has never been a send shortcut. Pretty sure that is by design to prevent to many slip ups. If you use bbSpell after the last correction the send menu option is highlighted and you can just press enter to send.

is there a short cut while replying to a message to send other than clicking the track wheel and going to send? I read through the 72xx and didn't see it. the "R" to reply really helped shorten some functions for me