PDA

View Full Version : WTA: 8700g BB service unlock to use at others

juvesun
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi guys sorry interupted u

i need this information

i had 8700g buy from a seller, this device was had t-mobile brand, so i think this must be release by t-mobile.....

and i still had one question : if i bought the seller say that yes it unlock,but as i know the Blackberry had 4 lock like, sim locked,bb service lock,it policy,and already register by other provider....

and my question is that 8700g t-mobile BB service can use at other provider ?
or there is a solution to fix this problem

i'm new bie

Dubdub
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
If it is unlocked, you can also use it on Cingular or any other GSM/EDGE compatible network.

The seller must close their BIS account and release the IMEI and PIN in order for the carrier to provision the device and for you to register on BIS or BES. All corporate IT policies must also be removed for it to work.

And remember, you have to have a BB data plan for Internet and email access.

John Clark
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Corporate policies don't necessarily need to be removed in order for it to work. Some features *may* be restricted due to policy. I have a current policy on mine but nothing is restricted.

juvesun
03-05-2007, 04:08 AM
If it is unlocked, you can also use it on Cingular or any other GSM/EDGE compatible network.

The seller must close their BIS account and release the IMEI and PIN in order for the carrier to provision the device and for you to register on BIS or BES. All corporate IT policies must also be removed for it to work.

And remember, you have to have a BB data plan for Internet and email access.

i got unlocked but cant go to internet ,but can do phone and sms

kasperapd
03-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Do you have a data plan?

juvesun
03-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Do you have a data plan?
yes of course , i pay 20 dollars per 25mb

but it only can download email but cant for browser,they say it was lock BB service and can only use at t-mobile

faydoiinspire
03-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Wait..you pay $20 and you can still get emails without a data plan?

juvesun
03-08-2007, 10:11 AM
yes in my country.... not problem from operator but the handset

Chichum
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I had that issue when I unlocked the T-Mobile phone to use for Cingular. What you need to do is call your provider (assuming they carry the 8700) and tell them that the phone is branded for their company and that your settings don't work. If you tell them it's unlocked, they'll feed you BS about how it's a locked feature, which is completely NOT true. Tell them it's branded by them and that you want to have them reset your settings for your internet connection.

Hope this helps a bit.

deange
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
try updating the service books for access to the browser, however, if the service books are coming from the previous carrier, it may not work