BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Can't remove google maps!? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=44745)

msk 08-24-2006 10:55 AM

Can't remove google maps!?

So I upgraded to a newer version of google maps, but some how my old version of google maps is still sticking around, so I had 2 versions installed. I went to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications and deleted Google Maps, but its still installed?!! How can i get rid of it??

aristobrat 08-24-2006 11:34 AM

I have the same issue.

I was thinking that I could nuke them via Application Loader (in the Desktop Manager), but it doesn't see them either.

stevenjenkins 08-24-2006 03:02 PM

Options / Advanced / Applications / Click wheel and view modules

find the old one and delete it.

Hope this helps.

aristobrat 08-24-2006 03:34 PM

When I do that, it'll remove one of them, but leaves the other one out there "orphaned" (in the sense that it's still installed but doesn't show up in Options / Advanced / Applications). Weird.

msk 08-25-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristobrat
When I do that, it'll remove one of them, but leaves the other one out there "orphaned" (in the sense that it's still installed but doesn't show up in Options / Advanced / Applications). Weird.

same here, still can't get rid of the old version.

stevenjenkins 08-25-2006 08:03 AM

Are you deleting the module or just the application?

redwing 08-25-2006 10:14 AM

I had the same problem when I upgraded to version 1.3.0 of Google Maps a few weeks back. I don't have a solution for you; only a warning. Be careful what you try as a fix. I messed around with the modules; tried deleting through desktop app, etc. Finally, either someone here or on another BB site suggested deleting the new version and trying a hard reset on my 7100i. This fix led to the dreaded JVM 102 error. Usually, I can fix that error, but none of the easy solutions worked. So, I had to wipe my BB's software and reload everything. It was a huge pain. Granted this could have been a one time JVM 102 error unrelated to what I was doing with Google maps, but in my mind they are related. So, unless you are pressed for memory, maybe you should just hide the old app so you can't see it. Not the best solution, but I wish I had done that instead of wasting my time reloading my BB.

JerryD 08-27-2006 09:28 AM

You have to do a full reboot - pull the battery out and put it back in.

Searching the site can also help:
Fix for Google Maps 1.3 install over older version

msk 08-27-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryD
You have to do a full reboot - pull the battery out and put it back in.

Searching the site can also help:
Fix for Google Maps 1.3 install over older version

Thanks! taking the battery out and puting it back in did the trick!