BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Johnsrt4
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default nextel 7520 I'm lost or retarded you decide?

Please Login to Remove!

Trader Rating: (0)
johnsrt4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default I'm a newbie just got a used bb 7520 I'm lost
Ok please don't flame me for being stupid. I got my blackberry 7520 yesterday in the mail!! I like it alot so far just a lot to get used to. well anyway I called nextel gave them the used sim id they hooked it up got unlimited access! Here is the problem I have no clue how to set up the email? So I thought that when you payed for the plan you get some sort of nextel or blackberry email address? Well I sent a email from the blackberry today to my wife and call her to see if she got it. well she says yeah but it shows up the old users [email address] or something close to that. anyway I was like ok I guess I will have to check this out tonight so My phone starts vibrating out of controll I'm recieving emails like crazy. well the problem is these emails are addressed to the old owner at his msn account so now I'm getting his emails?? wtf is going on? How do I get it set up corectly so when messages are sent they say my name @blackberry.com and how do I foward my gmail accounts to the bb. I hope you under stand what I'm saying I thought i would try here first rather then sit on hold with nextel for 2 hour like I did last night just to turn the damn thing on. also just noticed when I go to sim card it still lists the other guys number but when I make calls they show up mine?? what is the pin everyone puts in their sig?well my pin is 40067561
thanks
John
Using cingular 8100 Pearl
Old 09-17-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

It sounds like the previous user has an existing account for that unit on the Blackberry web client. You're either going to have to get Nextel to remove the previous user from the Blackberry Web Client or get the previous user to give you the login and password.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:14 AM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

One thing at a time, first you need to get the old owner to release the account from the BB. You stand a better and faster chance to get him to request it than it is for you to try and get Nextel to do it not being sure that you necessarily own it outright. Once you get that done, then you have to go and set up your BWC account for your e-mail. That is enough to get you started, there are other threads here about how to forward gmail, if you go to thhe search button and type gmail forwarding i am sure you will get your answers. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 09-17-2005, 03:50 AM   #4
Macmel
No longer Registered.

i found the best way is to call c/s and have them remove the pin and imei from the original owners account. with nextel for some reason you really dont need to have the original owner do it as long as the original owner has closed his account with nextel. if he hasnt closed it you will have to have him call nextel bb support and have the pin removed so you can add it to your new account. then goto https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...sp?site=nextel

thats nextel web client for bb e-mail. you can goto to the browser on your bb and do it that way but this is a easyer and faster way.

then your alls et and ready to go. enjoy
Old 09-17-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

another valid reason for not buying from ebay.. its a pain in the ass to get all that crap fixed
Old 09-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
Macmel
No longer Registered.

dawg you are 100% correct. i bought a 7730 from this lady (not from ebay) but had the worst time. she sent it too me with a it poicy in it and a password that i didnt know. then tells me to dump the os back in the unit and go from there. i had to finaly make a default policy and basically take the phone as a lose. never and i mean never buy from ebay or any were else. always buy brand new when it comes to bb
Old 09-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #7
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

not to mention you get a warranty and the warranty is gold I mean my bb just quit vibrating I took it in with in 24 hours I had a new one. and another year of warranty
Old 09-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
Macmel
No longer Registered.

i got my 7520 and it wouldnt work right with the direct connect. took it to nextel and 30 minutes later had a brand new one. love new phones
Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Man, I wish mine would quit working. I just scratched the freaking screen. :(
Old 09-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #10
Johnsrt4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hey guys thanks for all the fast replys! You guys are very helpful in my time of need! Well here is the update I was on the phone with nextel for over 2 hours for them to tell me the same thing I told them! So they said they have to remove the guys account just like you all said but the problem was there was a very long wait and they told me the department that handels that will contact me in 24 to 48 hours what a bunch of BS. So I'm waiting and hoping they call before that! Meanwhile I'm reciving about 20 emails an hour and most of it is junk mail. I'm shure I will be back here in 24 to 48 hours to try and figure out how to set up my email! If anyone wants to help me directly hit me up on pms or I'm @ srt4john aol I'm
Thanks
John
Old 09-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #11
Johnsrt4

Not shure why it got sent twice??

Last edited by Johnsrt4; 09-17-2005 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: not shure why it got sent twice??
Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 AM   #12
ONE37

Angry Any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsrt4
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hey guys thanks for all the fast replys! You guys are very helpful in my time of need! Well here is the update I was on the phone with nextel for over 2 hours for them to tell me the same thing I told them! So they said they have to remove the guys account just like you all said but the problem was there was a very long wait and they told me the department that handels that will contact me in 24 to 48 hours what a bunch of BS. So I'm waiting and hoping they call before that! Meanwhile I'm reciving about 20 emails an hour and most of it is junk mail. I'm shure I will be back here in 24 to 48 hours to try and figure out how to set up my email! If anyone wants to help me directly hit me up on pms or I'm @ srt4john aol I'm
Thanks
John
I've done the same thing and waiting for Nextel Technical Services to open up tomorrow to get this done. What have Nextel done for you back in September? All the help I can get is well needed. Thanks in advanced...

ONE37