Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
bobaluka

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default mms messaging on alltel?

Please Login to Remove!

so i just got a blackberry pearl yesturday and found out today that i can't recieve/send picture messages. so i started looking around on the various forums for blackberrys. and to no avail found nothing but rumors of alltel "working on a update" is this true or something the customer support people were saying to silence the person complaining?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 AM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

well if nothing else youll get the ability when you become a verizon customer
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Jreneking
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

bobaluka--
i have alltel and a pearl 8130. i can easily take pictures and send them. is that what you are talking about?

now, i know we don't have mss--which i hate, because if i have a long text, i have to divide it into two parts.

what is it that you are trying to do?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Phranc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

No, Alltel doesn't support MMS on the Blackberry. You have to use email to send pictures or video.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
bobaluka

then i definatly hope the merger with verizon goes through lets hope the fcc isnt going to be gay about it lol
Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranc View Post
No, Alltel doesn't support MMS on the Blackberry. You have to use email to send pictures or video.
Alltel does not support MMS on the Pearl. Alltel DOES support MMS on the Curve. If you are still within the 30-day window for buying the Pearl, go back to the store and swap it for the Curve. The MMS works very well, especially since 7/18/08 when Alltel upgraded the MMS hardware platform...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
johnnyrichter

PIN: <Status<Options

RIM has released 2 fixes that I know of, for the "mms not working on alltel pearl phones" issue. One failed Alltel testing numerous times, and I assume was tossed out. The other was released to Alltel for testing about 2 weeks ago...and I do not yet know the status of it. Don't bother calling them, the reps don't really know what's going on...they'll just tell you whatever they think you want to hear. They always told me "next month, for sure".

The problem is being worked on, just taking longer than we were all hoping for. When it's done it will likely be sent out as a service packet, plus this 8100 section will flood with "yay 4 mms on alltel peal!!!" threads on that day.

For now...sending and receiving attachments via your blackberry e-mail is really your only default option(I say default because not everyone has apps like jivetalk or BB messenger). Just make sure you're running a current OS...I couldn't view/save e-mail attachments with the OS that came on my 8130 but the OS upgrade I did last night fixed that issue.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
jamespaulritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by livspop View Post
Alltel does not support MMS on the Pearl. Alltel DOES support MMS on the Curve. If you are still within the 30-day window for buying the Pearl, go back to the store and swap it for the Curve. The MMS works very well, especially since 7/18/08 when Alltel upgraded the MMS hardware platform...
If that is true then I am going to let my brother in law know so he can take his new Alltel pearl back and get the curve. On Alltel's site they don't list picture mail in the features for the curve. But what do they know right

Just wanted to double check and get a confirm that the curve works with MMS.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
woogyboogy
Thumbs Must Hurt

that is such a shame, i hope this gets resolved before the merge...
Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 AM   #10
johnnyrichter

PIN: <Status<Options

I don't think the merge will have any influence on them fixing the MMS issue, because merge or not...Alltel's system will stay intact. Verizon would just be taking it over in terms of who owns it all, I'd imagine.

There are a small handful of members on here that are somehow able to keep track of what's really going on with the Alltel MMS issue, hopefully there's some updated news to be told. Again...don't take the customer rep's word, they don't actually know what is going on. They'll just tell you "next month it will be fixed".

Last I heard, update number 2 or 3 was sent from RIM to Alltel for testing...and it was failing. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now since MMS is a big deal, especially to people like me that dropped around $300 for a pearl.

EDIT: Because of this being a topic that is re-posted almost every week...there should be a sticky made about the Alltel MMS issue so new users can read up about it, and other users can view it for any news regarding the problem. That'd be convenient.

Last edited by johnnyrichter; 09-03-2008 at 04:46 AM..
Closed Thread