Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The automatic download doesn't work. Hit the menu key and select "Get Images."
Thanks...forgot the basic rule, search/read first, ask later.

I had seen posts from someone that claimed he wasn't having to get images on each email, but I guess that was either a bug or a misunderstanding.

Hope they update the feature to allow auto download. All the extra key-presses don't make it a very friendly feature for me.

I'm still having a problem w/images - even when I do a "get images" on an email, all of the images in the email still don't download/appear. I've followed the steps in the HTML Emails thread that JS created, so seems like there is a bug on the server or client side that is affecting me for some reason.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #163
bbfuser

Default Email server search and calender lookup not working

Hey guys downloaded this version, but I am not able to search for old emails on my server for neither my corporate account or my gmail. Ditto for looking up contacts' calendars.. I am not on exchange though, i'm using BIS. Is it that I'm using BIS or does this version not include those updates?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #164
Collin16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D62BD
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

I just noticed today in 4.5 that under advanced options there is wireless upgrade. I dunno if it has been pointed out before but what does this do?

Last edited by Collin16; 08-21-2008 at 02:34 PM..
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #165
tkorpi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I noticed that too when I first installed 4.5. It has subsequently disappeared. I think it went away after I sent my service books...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #166
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

It's for wireless upgrade of specific OS applications. It's not being used yet.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #167
scottjb
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
I'm still having a problem w/images - even when I do a "get images" on an email, all of the images in the email still don't download/appear. I've followed the steps in the HTML Emails thread that JS created, so seems like there is a bug on the server or client side that is affecting me for some reason.
Same here. It seems random--some images appear, some don't.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #168
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

I have noticed sometimes some images don't come down... I don't know, but it really rare.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #169
SenorLoco

Carrier: Alltel

I've been having the same issues with HTML email. I'm lucky if I get an email where all the images download. And to top it off once I do the "get images" any time I try to "get image" on the images that didn't download nothing happens (no arrows, no image). I sure hope this is something they get fixed soon...
Old 08-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #170
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

I'm optimistic they'll sort the HTML feature out...

I'm happiest now about the fact that all of my audio and video media now always shows up in Media Manger on the BB...w/OS 4.3 I always had files that wouldn't display. W/4.5 as far as I can tell so far, all my audio/video is showing up, all the time.

Another problem - is anyone else losing their profile settings on restart? I restarted after removing a program, and when the BB restarted all my profile settings were set back to defaults.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #171
xrt.2010

Carrier: Telus

has anyone noticed that the battery life of a pearl decreased with upgrading to the new OS (upgraded from v4.3 to v4.5)?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #172
FgCrump

Carrier: alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Hi J,
I had already found that reference and did the deletes thru DM. Still have entries in my address book. It's like there is an address book that isn't associated with any mail sys.?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #173
FgCrump

Carrier: alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgCrump View Post
i have an Alltel 8130, 4.5.0.56 with DTM 4.5.0.15. BES synching with Lotus Notes 7.0
After upgrading I have duplicate entries in my address book. I've gone thru Advanced Backup and deleted the adress book and "all" address book, and I do a battery pull. The address book entries are still on the 8130, even though the DTM says it's empty? if I synch, then I get duplicate entries again.
Anybody else have this problem/ suggestions?
Figured it out!!!!!

I had 2 Alltel.Backberry.com email accounts. Though I had deleted one, the service books for it did not get deleted from the BB. After deleting the service books I was able to delete the address records using the DM. I don't know why the records wouldn't show in the DM before deleting the service books??
Old 08-22-2008, 02:59 AM   #174
arasin

Carrier: Sprint

I've probably missed something, but the OS has been upgraded and I can't find Docs2Go, I'm on Sprint BIS, not really sure if that makes a difference, but any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #175
pcwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasin View Post
I've probably missed something, but the OS has been upgraded and I can't find Docs2Go, I'm on Sprint BIS, not really sure if that makes a difference, but any help would be appreciated.
You must go into Desktop Manager > Application Loader & Docs2Go will be an option that you can check to have installed.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #176
pcwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrt.2010 View Post
has anyone noticed that the battery life of a pearl decreased with upgrading to the new OS (upgraded from v4.3 to v4.5)?
I noticed that as well...but i then made a conscious effort to look at my running programs. After I did that my battery life has improved greatly...in the last week, my battery performance is actually better in 4.5 than it was in 4.3
Old 08-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #177
maniac1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1181 View Post
Ok... Found out that all the contacts that where not properly recognised by the system had accents in them... I tried zeroing the device and the device had no problems with accents after that...
Ok... I'm desesperatly close to going back to 4.3 at this point because I still can't get my voice dialer to work correctly... yesterday I thought I had it all figured out since I wiped the device, and put back all my contacts without accents in their names before I entered the ones with accents manually... at that time, voice dialing worked for all of them... this morning I had to do a battery pull and when I reopened, my contacts where corrupted again...

Also, I can't accept contacts through blackberry messenger anymore...

I really hope I can keep 4.5 since it has some very nice new feature and the device actually is more stable now than it was before for me... but I prefer having to have input system errors every once in a while rather than loose voice dialing and the ability to transfer contacts with my BB Messenger contact list

Any suggestions, idead, miracles possible?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #178
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options

Wirelessly posted

Just finished installing this new OS. Worked perfectly, phone is doing great so far.

Differences I've noticed so far...

-phone seems to operate faster than when it did on the last posted OS.

-visual change to media player, has 4 media player buttons instead of just 2.

-almost 4mb of more free space than before.

-menu>settings>status just shows free space now, instead of free space and total space.

-on home screen, the margin space above and below my background photo is now black...I love this change, not sure if it's something the user can change though.

-no more preloaded pictures in the media>pictures>preloaded pictures section. The empty preloaded pictures section is still present, though.

This install was done on my AllTel 8130, following the steps in the first post...with no problems at all. I'm posting wirelessly so please excuse any typos.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #179
Cavemanofmo

Carrier: Alltel
Default ?? about MMS texts and Ringtones on new OS

I just recieved an 8130 Monday and have been working with it trying to get used to the Suretype etc... I noticed that I wasn't receiving any of the MMS text messages that my daughter sends of our granddaughter. (you know, those moments that are caught on the video camera of her cell phone )

I talked to Alltel tech and they said that the 8130 doesnt receive those type. (I hate it when the sales clerks dont know as much as they think they do)

Is the newer software allowing MMS texts?

Another question I have, is Alltel tech also told me that no longer can most cell manufacturers make phones that you can put your own music and make it a custom ringtone per caller. I noticed that on my 8130 I can, but my wifes phone (Samsung Muse) will not allow it and most of Alltels models will not allow it any longer, he said that the manufacturers are making you BUY ringtones now. Are you still able to do custom ringtones in the newer version?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #180
xrt.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwilliams View Post
I noticed that as well...but i then made a conscious effort to look at my running programs. After I did that my battery life has improved greatly...in the last week, my battery performance is actually better in 4.5 than it was in 4.3
are you talking about checking the applications open when you hit the shift and the back button?
if so, I have the 5 standards options: bb messenger, call log, home screen, browser, and messages.

any other changes that could've happened with the upgraded OS causing a decrease in battery life? and any other suggestions to help improve it?
Closed Thread