Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
torberry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
Carrier: Pigeon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
I do not care if you agree, I am telling YOU what 3G is like in Jacksonville, FLorida with a real carrier like AT&T! I have not had a dropped call in a year!

If you are not happy, take it back! I have used many Blackberrys for years and this Bold is the fastest on downlaoding. Speaker and call quality is better than any BB I have used. Looks like Rogers is your problem and RIM can't make them better.
Who are you trying to convince Greg? Me or yourself? AT+T is better than Rogers? Ok- I don't own stock in either company so it makes no difference to me. LOL

To be honest you come across as someone with a severe case of buyer's remorse. I like the BOLD overall, but I'm merely pointing out that I don't recall many dropped calls or Rogers EDGE Curve or previous models (I've been a Waterloo supporter since about 02) and this is the first time that I've such problems.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
hype129
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by torberry View Post
Who are you trying to convince Greg? Me or yourself? AT+T is better than Rogers? Ok- I don't own stock in either company so it makes no difference to me. LOL

To be honest you come across as someone with a severe case of buyer's remorse. I like the BOLD overall, but I'm merely pointing out that I don't recall many dropped calls or Rogers EDGE Curve or previous models (I've been a Waterloo supporter since about 02) and this is the first time that I've such problems.
I must say I never had a DROP CALL either even on my bold I thought we where still discussing the browser slowness LOL MY BAD sorry
Hype129
Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #23
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Hmmm, tangent?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #24
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

LOL, all this sounds just like the iPhone forums. 3G issues, slow, battery ..... S

Quote:
I paid $700 retail to buy this phone in the first week it was available from Rogers at the Rogers Store. How is that considered being an early adopter? Don't we have a right to stable products purchased from reputable manufacturers like RIM?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #25
Bla1ze
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: All!
PIN: PiMP
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
I paid $700 retail to buy this phone in the first week it was available from Rogers at the Rogers Store. How is that considered being an early adopter? Don't we have a right to stable products purchased from reputable manufacturers like RIM?
The fact you paid $700 alone indicates you are an early adopter that you'd be willing to pay that...granted I got mine for $400 flat, but at least I admit I bought in early in the hopes the know issues would be addressed accordingly shortly after.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #26
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:

I am only pointing out that you are the exception and not the rule. Read the other posts and you experiences are not typical of the majority.

Does that maybe tell you something.

I am not trying to convince anyone, remember, I said "I did not care if you agreed". If I were trying to convince you, I would bother to care.

The Bold is what it is and if one does not like, you could likley still sell it for $500!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #27
hype129
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r

Hello
I am tyring to sell LOL
Thanks
obey
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #28
DanielC9

Carrier: Telstra

Nearly all carriers pulled their Bolds from shelves due to major issues in Australia. The fact they were also delayed and pulled from US shelves should suggest RIM know there are issues. So if you have one that's fine Great... But perhaps your just a little obsessed with your new device and blinded by it beauty...

Honestly I love my Bold and Blackberry... But Right Now my bold is a piece of SHIT. But not long to wait now
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #29
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeypants View Post
My Bold is incredibly fast with 3G. It leaves EDGE in the dust. I downloaded a 500kb application in 4 seconds yesterday.

I have yet to experience a single issue with my Rogers Bold on 4.6.0.134
My Rogers Bold running on AT&T is using the original OS and it has run without flaw. I think I will wait till the AT&T OS is out before I do a OS update!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #30
Insurgent

Model: 8900
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin View Post
Listen to you whiney little b*t*h*s!!!!

If you upgrade to Vista on the day it launches........what happens?
If you buy the first Ferrari F430 that comes out of the factory........what happens?
If you buy the new BlackBerry the day it comes out........do you see where this is going???

If you're an early adopter then you're always going to suffer with bugs and issues, what on earth do you expect? I've always had beta code and evaluation devices (check the avatar, aight) and I respect the fact the problems come with the territory of getting stuff early. It'll all come good, chill Winston!!!

Crikey, it's like a soldier in Iraq complaining about the stray bullets.
I agree with the main core points. When you adopt any device when it just comes out you will face all the problems that the manufacturers either haven't experienced, haven't fixed or simply problems that arise due to real world usage. This is a reality and a fact, it happens with all consumer items.

I also think that the people that complain and express discontent with the manufacturers and makers that they consider to release devices that contain bugs should simply be more patient, as the majority of these same impatient people were constantly asking when the device was going to be released prior to its arrival.

Its a simple situation of being patient and waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out before or after you've purchased. On top of everything, when a device gets delayed and the release date gets moved around don't get up in arms and defensive as maybe if you just wait for it to be proper and ready then these bugs and problems would have been ironed out already.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #31
muck

Carrier: optus

i think some of us have mistaken the bold for a revolutionary new device from RIM.
its really just a refresh of OS4.5, theres nothing ground breaking or revolutionary in the bold.

the under pinnings of the software is exactly the same. so expecting miracles from a aging OS is going to be pretty tough.

whoever said telco's are pulling bolds of the shelf in australia, is mistaken. telstra, dont have bolds for consumers yet. business's are getting telstra bolds. vodafone and 3 havent released the bold. optus have said that the bold is working as it should on their network, and i tend to agree because i havent had a single problem with my bbb.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #32
torberry

Model: 9780
Carrier: Pigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
i think some of us have mistaken the bold for a revolutionary new device from RIM.
its really just a refresh of OS4.5, theres nothing ground breaking or revolutionary in the bold.
I am very patient and my expectations are quite low and reasonable.

I think not having dropped calls is quite reasonable.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #33
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC9 View Post
Nearly all carriers pulled their Bolds from shelves due to major issues in Australia. The fact they were also delayed and pulled from US shelves should suggest RIM know there are issues. So if you have one that's fine Great... But perhaps your just a little obsessed with your new device and blinded by it beauty...

Honestly I love my Bold and Blackberry... But Right Now my bold is a piece of SHIT. But not long to wait now
"Pulled from US shelves" Where did you get that from?

I am sorry your Bold is a piece of SHIT! When you do get it working, does that mean you will be obsessed and blinded by it's beauty?

It only natural for one who's Bold is working good to defend it. I bet you would do the same and I would call my Bold shit if it dropped calls all the time, too!

I suspect that most of the Bold dropped call problems are due to poor reception.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #34
DanielC9

I got that Directly From AT&T... Some chose to continue selling then and other stopped. Some never even gave the option.

Call dropping is only a small part of the issue. Australian City's do not struggle with cell phone reception problems. We have Next G speeds which is much faster than 3 G in every city and full strength... and most parts of the bush are covered... We quite simply don't have those issues... But there are issues with reception on the Bold... It is a phone issue not a network issue.

I have had mine for months now so im over its beauty and am looking forward to it functioning like my Curve... But to be honest the curve was not that great... I feel the jump from 7100 to 8700G was amazing... I still love that phone... so im hoping the bold will live up to that built quality....

But as I said no big deal as software problems are easily fixed compared to hardware issue... and the update is out on Tesltra within a month... so I have the champagne on ice

my 2 Cents...

Last edited by DanielC9; 09-04-2008 at 07:34 PM..
Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #35
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

I think if AT&T had sold any Bolds this would have been headlines on all gadget websites.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #36
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I have had mine for months now ...
That's your problem there. You have a pre-production bold. No wonder you're having issues.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #37
DanielC9

Actually It a final production Bold. Same as the model that is on or going on shelves.

carsmovies:
Facts my friends... They help ;)

AT&T have shelved them until the New OS is released like Telstra... Smart Move really... imagine having to update the OS on all those units

Im not sure about AT&T but Telstra hate releasing software updates and very rarely do it. So they often wait until its of a certain level of quality... and then release so they never have to deal with software updates... Waiting is killer but its a smart move.

Optus in Australia did not wait with the Curve and had it on shelves super early... They ran out of stock really quickly because they kept exchanging units... All the units that were exchanged were sent back to RIM in AUS and a software update was applied... These units were then sent back and sold as new :0

Turned out to be such a mess they took 8300's of their sell sheet and started only selling 8310's for the same price as 8300's

Last edited by DanielC9; 09-04-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #38
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Actually It a final production Bold. Same as the model that is on or going on shelves.
Then I highly doubt you've had it for months. I don't have any problems with the bold. I think a lot of the problems are a combination of network issues, new users, certain expectations and incompatible third party apps added.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #39
muck

Quote:
carsmovies:
Facts my friends... They help ;)
u my friend also need facts.

there was nothing wrong with the 8300. vodafone released the 8310 a few months after. so it was logical for optus to follow suit, otherwise everyone would just turn to vodafone, as the handset prices were identical. you wouldnt purchase a 8300, if u could go next door and purchase an 8310.
if as you say the 8300s had so many problems. im surprised the 8310s didnt have any.
they are identical units.

i can call and get a telstra bold with an ABN today if i pleased. telstra arent holding them back from business. they just havent released them to consumers yet.

ill say it again bolds are freely available from both telstra and optus, and from what i have read from most people in australia, is that the bolds work fine and no one is suffering call drop outs, or network issues.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #40
muck

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
Then I highly doubt you've had it for months. I don't have any problems with the bold. I think a lot of the problems are a combination of network issues, new users, certain expectations and incompatible third party apps added.
well said
Closed Thread