Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Flipside and BT stereo headphones

Please Login to Remove!

I just ordered a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones to use with Flipside. After I ordered them, it occurred to me that maybe Flipside doesn't support this function! Has anyone successfully streamed audio to BT headphones using Flipside?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
breakerfall
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: EAPPLE!
Carrier: VZW

works fine for me...
if you happened to get headphones with ff/rew/play buttons, those will not control flipside tho...
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Awesome, thanks! Can't wait for them to come in, I bought those jabra ones that look like dog tags.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Hey galatians51 can you post a review and model that you purchased after you have spent some time with them? I have been looking at alternatives to my Motorola headset and would like to see what you think of yours.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatians51 View Post
Awesome, thanks! Can't wait for them to come in, I bought those jabra ones that look like dog tags.
You mean the BT8010?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #6
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
You mean the BT8010?
It's actually the BT3030. I got a pretty good deal at Newegg:

Newegg.com - Jabra BT3030 Dog Tag Design Bluetooth Headset Bulk - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

I'll gladly post a review after I get them!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #7
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Hey galatians51 can you post a review and model that you purchased after you have spent some time with them? I have been looking at alternatives to my Motorola headset and would like to see what you think of yours.
Here is a mini review of the Jabra BT3030 Newegg.com - Jabra BT3030 Dog Tag Design Bluetooth Headset Bulk - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

First of all, it seems like a pretty durable device. When I got home from work my 3 and 5 year old boys had opened the box and were wearing the dogtag around their necks, "pressing the buttons" as they told me. It survived that OK!

Essentially what this is is a BT receiver with a 3.5 mm headset jack. The mic is in the unit itself, not the headphones, so you can use any headphones you want, which is greatly appealing to me. I used this in the car to hook it up to an FM transmitter to stream through my car stereo, works awesome. So there are some wires, but you can leave your phone in the charger or in your backback or whatever so you don't wear out your phone while listening to music.

Sound quality even with the stock earbuds is pretty good. Absolutely no static. On phone conversations my wife couldn't tell I was using BT- believe me, if I have a BT headset on that echos or crackles, she'll let me know, it drives her nuts. All of the audio is streamed through the headset, even email alerts and such. Music stops when a call comes in and a tone is heard, letting you know there is a phone call. Music is resumed after call is finished.
There are buttons to answer the phone, adjust volume, play, ff, and rew, which all work with the stock media player very well (but not with Flipside as reported a few posts above). I did not experience lag in track selections as reported in other reviews.

Haven't had it long enough to test battery life yet, but other reviews seem very positive. One main reason I bought this unit is it uses a mini USB port to charge. These days I refuse to buy a device that doesn't charge via mini USB, I'm sick of having multiple chargers, so this was a huge advantage to me.

The unit is really light. It is slightly cumbersome in the sense of the wires (especially for a "wireless" device!) but the quality of the product makes up for this in my opinion. I'd rather have headphones on than a Borg unit any day!

Let me know if you want any more info, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Closed Thread