BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100G
Angry Blackberry Meltdown Help Needed..

Please Login to Remove!

Cingular Blackberry 7100g CellPhone Troubles.

Ok not a meltdown, I will live another day. Yes I already posted needing this help in a few other threads. I havent gotten any clear help yet though and im feeling like throwing this thing against a wall.

I tried to wipe the thing clean, it did and came up with some crappy looking Fisher Price OS when it rebooted, then tried to connect it to the computer but it isn't working. It keeps saying device not found (disconnected). And black berry Device Manager Properties program only shows COM1 and COM3 and not my USB for some reason. Dont know if that program ever did. The blackberry used to work perfect. I even could connect to the PC. But not now, havent used it for a while and got it back. It was working alright except for not connecting to the PC. I want to upgrade to that 4.1 OS or whatever.

GODDDDD I CANT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS THING. SOMEONE HELP ME CONNECT TO THE PC WITH IT! Thats the biggest problem im having right now. Crap I'll pay, or render any services free of charge from my home company at www.337studios.com

Someone? Anyone? ASAP? AIM or YAHOO me if you can quickly? I need this thing working yesterday!

MSG ME ON AIM

MSG ME ON YAHOO

Last edited by Skettalee; 10-17-2005 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

This is what I do and do and do over and over again it different ways to try to get this thing working :
1. Plug in the blackberry to the computer via USB 2.0
(it finds it and says its good to go)

2. Try to load blackberry desktop manager
(sometimes it crashes that first time, sometimes it dont)

3. Then it says disconnected at the top so I go to conenction settings.

4. No luck there AT ALL!!!

5. So I try this other icon it puts in my systray.
(THAT THING DONT EVEN REGISTER USB for some REASON)

HELP SOMEONE please? I see so many people reading this thread, please respond atleast to say you dont know what to do.

Last edited by Skettalee; 10-17-2005 at 06:25 PM..
Old 10-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Please god come on, 24 views and no help what so ever. I know you guys are good for it! Always helped before, did I just pick the wrong time to ask the most time pressing question ever? AHHHH. Im gonna ram my head into the desk. I swore I was gonna fix this by last night. Its a whole nother night and its still not working one bit and I tried everything 10 differnt times.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

try updating the destop manager
Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

How do I update the desktop manager? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ATLEAST REPLYING...

I already tried version 3.6 4.0 and 4.1 and atleast 3 times each. But if there is something else, please tell me.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #6
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I would unistall the desktop manager, and then using regedit would delete any mention of the desktop manager, reboot the PC, and then install 4.1 fresh, if that does not detect your BB then id say there is something wrong with the BB.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 10-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #7
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

No dont say that. Everything else seems pretty good about it. What the hell. Ok well I did that. Took everything out the registry and rebooted and reinstalled 4.1. Had the desktop manager open when i tried connecting the phone again. I first also made sure that it was set to usb in connection settings. Then I noticed the desktop manager even blink once I plugged the phone in. Windows found it perfectly. Its there. But it still said disconnected on the desktop manager.

And what you know it, I went to detect in connection settings and if someone else was in the room I would have took my anger out on them and probably be on my way to prison right now. STILL AINT WORKING.

What is the next step? How can I get this thing to work? I didn't get no insurance with the phone but the phone works. I mean everything on the phone is working atleast. CAN SOMEONE EONADAIUFHEWRJFHRIHGIHJL PLEASE. God I am seriously freaking out over here and praying. Why aint he listening?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

What are you seeing on the BB screen now?

This may sound silly, but have you tried taking the battery out of the BB for a minute and putting it back in?

Are you connecting directly to your computers USB or through a hub?

Have you made any hardware or BIOS changes to your computer recently?

Do other USB devices work normally?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Other USB Devices work perfect.
I see the home screen menu on the bb now
I took the battery out but for maybe only 1 minute (ill try again for like 5)
Connecting straight to the computer.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok...

Have you tried it with all other USB devices disconnected? Sometimes legacy USB devices can cause a conflict.

Do you have another PC you can try it on to determine if it is a PC or BB problem?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:58 PM   #11
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I can possibly find the time to try it at work tomorrow. Tried it already with all other USB devices removed. That was about 5 devices to disconnected. Lol.

Tried it after about 10 minutes without a battery. Still a no go. Startin to really suck bad. Lol, wanna buy it?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #12
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just try to isolate where the problem is. It's either with the PC, the BB or the connection (i.e. cord and contacts) As you rule each one out it helps to determine where the problem may be. Which brings me to the next question...

Does the cord have any damage (frays or kinks)? Are the USB contacts on the cord and phone clean and undamaged (not ruined from contact with a liquid)? If the phone got wet, it very quicly corrodes the contacts or worse. Look for light blue/green stuff on the metal contacts.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #13
KonTiki

This is a BB that you sold to someone on e-bay, the guy had it for a few days and returned to you. It is anyones guess what happened to this unit while he had it. It could have been dropped on the floor, dropped on water, someone swap parts on it, I can go on and on here, get my drift. So asides from the obvious things we have discussed here and tried there are other issues to contend with. So at this point in time I would begin to wonder if i had that unit in my hands. There are only so many things that can be wrong and only so many fixes assuming that the unit is okay and it seems to me that you have tried them already.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #14
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Oh, i missed the e-bay thing. I'll place my bet on swapped water-damaged board.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #15
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well wouldn't that mean the device would some what be messed up. It honestly looks to be that it hasn't been tampered with and I trust the guy enough to think and hope he wouldn't do that. It was because of the unlock code issue that he wanted it, I gotta unlock it first though. Windows picks it up jsut fine as well. Im gonna try at work tomorrow, so if I get same results then i'll try Pocketmac. I already got a new usb connection coming in. Got it before I knew of this problem, well thanks so far. I sware "I" was the one having the meltdown. Damn technology, look what you've done to me! lol.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #16
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok at work now and the desktop manager synced to the phone perfectly. Im about to upgrade the OS and download my contacts and everything on it now. Anyone know how I can get it working at home now?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:44 AM   #17
Dawg
No longer Registered.

what kind of PC do you have at home what windows OS is it running so on and so forth
Old 10-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #18
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

I see those desktop manager crashes all the time. The solution is go through your system tray and kill all the blackberry software and/or go into task manager kill the blackberry software and rim device manager.

Or you could just reboot.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #19
KonTiki

If you are using the same cable at home and at work then I would again suggest what i did earlier, unistall the desktop manager, make sure that you are able to delete any referrence to it in the registry (regedit), reboot the machine, and reinstall the same desktop manager that you have in the office. It should work the same way if it does not, then you have issues with the PC. If the cable at home is different then use the cable in the office. If the cable from the office is different and it still does not work, I would still do what i suggested above, again if after all this it still does not work then your PC is the one with issues. All oam sure may look to you like overkill but when you are having the kinds of issues you are having it is best to wipe things clean and start fresh, even if you are in a situation that you have to reload all sort of data by hand from scratch. Sometimes even using a backup is not the best answer if whatever caused the issues is part of the backup, it will only restore those problems all over again. Many times it pays to go through a lot of trouble now and fix it forever than it is to continue with the problem for a long time.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 10-18-2005 at 08:21 AM..
Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 AM   #20
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Make sure you get the hiden files in documents and settings the file is called puma tech
Closed Thread