Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #441
yosithezet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange IL
Default Can't Login

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying to login with no luck. "Logging you in." for 10-15 minutes or longer if I just let it go. I tried "Connect with BIS/BES" and also without. I have an unlimited data plan, I've turned on the GPS through BBMaps.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #442
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

This is different bbtracker application, this one doesn't have login requirement.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #443
awhosit

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile

Hi, Thanks for great application.

It works fine on my BB, but I just noticed that export file is somewhat unreadable in google earth and found a comment that I need to set encrypt mode off.

But I cannot turn it off because that's against company security policy and my BB doesn't allow do that.

Is there any way to decrypt the file out of BB?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #444
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: 3 Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post
Installed ok the the 8100.
but does 8100 have GPS support integrated?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #445
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Pirata, please use the search button. It's in red at the top of the forum.

There is no GPS built into the 8100. You'd have to use an external GPS with your 8100.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #446
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhosit View Post
It works fine on my BB, but I just noticed that export file is somewhat unreadable in google earth and found a comment that I need to set encrypt mode off.

But I cannot turn it off because that's against company security policy and my BB doesn't allow do that.

Is there any way to decrypt the file out of BB?
I think if you use the Desktop Manager and/or Media Manager for downloading your files from the BlackBerry, then they will be decrypted. I've not tried that myself, but heard that it works.

If even that fails, you could try sending the files per E-Mail.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #447
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: 3 Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Pirata, please use the search button. It's in red at the top of the forum.

There is no GPS built into the 8100. You'd have to use an external GPS with your 8100.
ups! really sorry...

can I use any external bluetooth GPS device?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #448
gs3

Model: 8200
Carrier: T-mobile

I have a BB8200 with Tmobile and use the GPS with the maps program that comes with it and it works fine.

I want to be able to read lat/lon directly so I downloaded and installed bbTracker 0.5.3.1

The program starts and I can switch between screens but no data is displayed. What am I missing?

Also I notice on the display screens there is no cursor showing so I cannot scroll down.

Do I need to "enable Java" or something of the sort?

In the options menu I get "Location API / Bluetooth API / No GPS". What does this mean? The program does not detect a GPS unit? As I say, I am using the GPS with the maps program included.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #449
gs3

Model: 8200
Carrier: T-mobile

Well, after fumbling around with it for a while it is now working. I have no idea what was the problem. I had to reduce the size of the font so the information would fit in the screen because there is no way to scroll down.

One useful feature would be to be able to diplay lat/lon in decima degrees ( 38.34567 N, 108.24356 W).
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #450
SJCMTB

Carrier: VZW

I've used bbTracker for several months on BB8830 with Holux 236 puck.
I've had problems getting bbTracker to connect to the BT service for the device. The procedure that seems to work best is to turn on the puck, start bbTracker with noGPS, go into options and start the GPS. If I run Google Maps with the puck, then try to start bbTracker, the puck will not be found. Have to power off the phone, occasionally pull the battery. Turning off the GPS while bbTracker is tracking is also a no-no.
Is there a debug or log mode for bbTracker that I can use to try to figure this out?
Once it is running, it works very well.
In some future version, it would be nice to have the rest of the GPS point info: fix, sat,
hdop, vdop, pdop put into the GPX export. I have other applications that make use of this information. No need to display it.
Also nice to have view showing the NMEA messages - occasionally useful.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #451
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCMTB View Post
I've used bbTracker for several months on BB8830 with Holux 236 puck.
I've had problems getting bbTracker to connect to the BT service for the device. The procedure that seems to work best is to turn on the puck, start bbTracker with noGPS, go into options and start the GPS. If I run Google Maps with the puck, then try to start bbTracker, the puck will not be found. Have to power off the phone, occasionally pull the battery. Turning off the GPS while bbTracker is tracking is also a no-no.
Is there a debug or log mode for bbTracker that I can use to try to figure this out?
Yes, there is a debug log. When you go to the About Screen you'll see two menu Items: "Show Log" which displays the last few log messages and "Log to file" which will write all log messages to a file named "debug.txt" in the track directory.

Quote:
Once it is running, it works very well.
In some future version, it would be nice to have the rest of the GPS point info: fix, sat,
hdop, vdop, pdop put into the GPX export. I have other applications that make use of this information. No need to display it.
Also nice to have view showing the NMEA messages - occasionally useful.
Showing the NMEA messages would only work with external GPS pucks, because when I'm using the GPS API (for accessing the internal GPS), then I only have access to very stripped-down NMEA sentences.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #452
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

BBTracker still doesn't work for me. It just decides to stop at random point.

8830 4.5 OS.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #453
tannis00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7280)

This is great! I wish I'd found this app sooner. I've tried it out on the train, which makes for a pretty boring track, but I want to try it for running. It's got everything that Garmin's wrist system has except for the timers.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #454
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
BBTracker still doesn't work for me. It just decides to stop at random point.

8830 4.5 OS.
When I've had that problem it's because the GPS is having trouble getting a signal, either in a vehicle or when surrounded by tall buildings. From memory I've sometimes had it refuse to continue logging after I get into the open, and have gone into the GPS option in Blackberry Options and told that app to refresh the coordinates.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #455
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

8830 cannot refresh position. There is no Refresh menu in 8830 gps settings.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #456
pshute

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
When I've had that problem it's because the GPS is having trouble getting a signal, either in a vehicle or when surrounded by tall buildings. From memory I've sometimes had it refuse to continue logging after I get into the open, and have gone into the GPS option in Blackberry Options and told that app to refresh the coordinates.
So you're going to Options/Advanced/GPS? On the 8800 it tells me the lat, long, time of fix, number of satellites and accuracy. If I press the Option button it offers a Refresh option. Maybe the 8830 is different.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #457
mslaven

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
So you're going to Options/Advanced/GPS? On the 8800 it tells me the lat, long, time of fix, number of satellites and accuracy. If I press the Option button it offers a Refresh option. Maybe the 8830 is different.

CDMA devices do not appear to have the 'REFRESH' option under the GPS menu, just GPS Data Source and GPS Services options. My 8330 does not have it.

Although the 8830 is a world phone right? Perhaps it is only available if your using the GSM based service provider (not sure how you switch between them)

edit: never saw the refresh option/menu available running both 4.3 and 4.5 os.

Last edited by mslaven; 01-26-2009 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: added info
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #458
arieltf

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulminder View Post
thanks for the information
You must be trying to build up your post count.

--Ariel
Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #459
mohammadmansur

Model: 8310
Carrier: Mobilink Pakistan
Default Marked trackpoints

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before or is out of place, i tried searching for similar queries but couldn't quite find the answer.

The problem is, after marking 3 waypoints (by selecting the "mark current point" option while tracking), i saved the track and export it to kml and gpx. When I open the gpx track in any application (I used easygps), it shows the track, but does not show 'my' 3 marked points as waypoints along the track (which is what I'm looking for).

When i converted the exported kml file to gpx (using gpsbabel), and then opened it using easygps, gpsbabel had converted ALL the points that make up the track into waypoints, but also added the 3 points I marked as waypoints. So I just deleted all the other waypoints and get what I want in my gpx file. I'm just thinking there should be a more elegant way to achieve the same effect. Shouldn't bbtracker be exporting my marked waypoints to the gpx file in the first place?

To sum up, I want the gpx file to contain my marked points as waypoints along the track.

And might I say that bbtracker is a wonderful application, and thanks so much for making it and supporting it. A maps feature would be amazing too
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #460
lloydsfm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Telus
Default Negative Elevation

Quote:
Originally Posted by edislasm View Post
Hi. I'm using a 8130. I also have the negative altitude problem. This happens in all programs including telnav, gpsed and blackberry tracker. I suppose it is a bug in the blackberry, perhaps all cdma blackberries.
Has anyone heard if there is a fix for the negative altitude/elevation issue? I have a BB Bold and it also shows a negative elevation for my various installed GPS programs.
Closed Thread