Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #941
jonw757
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Just an FYI, when I did the initial setup of .59b it now asks for DB port. When I typed in 1433 it did not work, when I left it blank it worked fine.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #942
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Probably worth putting a note in there to leave blank if you use named pipes to access the SQL server (a majority of BES admins are), rather than TCP.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #943
jonw757

Group assignment works now, thank you!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #944
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw757 View Post
Group assignment works now, thank you!
Good to know that it is working for you!

For everyone else, how has self-service been working for you. How do your users like it, what does management think of it?

Just wanted to get some feedback on it!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #945
withanhdammit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Vancouver, USA (no, the first Vancouver, in Washington...no not DC, the state)
Model: 9700
PIN: check
Carrier: AT&T

I'm running .57 and will probably upgrade to .59 when it's released. Thanks for a great app!

I have a suggestion for the user lookup page (berrystats/query-users.asp) and haven't seen it in the release notes for .58 or .59betas.

It would be great if that view was sortable, maybe by clicking on the column headers have it sort ascending or descending by that column.

Another thought for the same page is to list all names instead of only 10 at a time, maybe a dropdown for "show..." with values of "10,20,100,all" or some such...

Anyway, thanks again for a cool utility, it's way easier than remoting into our BES server!

h
Old 11-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #946
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Hmmm...If you really want that capability now, then you could use the BerryStats classic page, this would give you the ability to sort ascending/descending...but I'll look into that!

Your other request...that is easy to do!

I'll have it for the next version, and I'll tell you where you can change it in your current version to get that capability.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #947
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Whoops, double post.

Last edited by qc_metal; 11-14-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #948
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

.59c TEST released - - think of it as a Release Candidate... some minor changes on a few pages, check the changelog for details.

However, I've added some rudimentary logging to the local system event log (look for source 'WSH') for most actions and general errors.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #949
withanhdammit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Vancouver, USA (no, the first Vancouver, in Washington...no not DC, the state)
Model: 9700
PIN: check

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_metal View Post
Hmmm...If you really want that capability now, then you could use the BerryStats classic page, this would give you the ability to sort ascending/descending...but I'll look into that!

Your other request...that is easy to do!

I'll have it for the next version, and I'll tell you where you can change it in your current version to get that capability.
OK, the BerryStats classic works for me for the quick sort, and I'll take you up on the offer for where to update the code for the other request.

Thanks by the way for the speedy response, I really wasn't expecting anything until Monday

h
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #950
vjkumar

Model: 8310
Carrier: Celcom-Vodafone

Hi QC,

Thanks for the Great APP... I released the portal to our Asia Pac end users 2 weeks ago. Getting good response. Management very impressed with the capability of Berrystats. I will roll out this app to Europe Region soon. All credit goes to you man

FYI: I am still using .58 for production. Testing .59 in my test BES environment.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #951
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjkumar View Post
Hi QC,

Thanks for the Great APP... I released the portal to our Asia Pac end users 2 weeks ago. Getting good response. Management very impressed with the capability of Berrystats. I will roll out this app to Europe Region soon. All credit goes to you man

FYI: I am still using .58 for production. Testing .59 in my test BES environment.
Great news! How many users (both self-service and support staff)?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #952
jprknight

Model: 8120
Carrier: Orange
Thumbs up .59c...

QC,

I just download and setup .59c on my prodtest berrystats site and it works excellent. Top quality release, thanks!

Last edited by jprknight; 11-18-2008 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Issue with tabs...not sure if this exists or not.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #953
mjh40a

Model: 8300

Does anyone have any info on configuring this to run where IIS is on a separate server from the BES? I'm running into issues when attempting to kick off the besuseradminclient commands. I've confirmed the syntax works on the BES, but I need to use a -N parameter followed by the IP of the BES server in order for it to work on the server running IIS (which isn't an option within BerryStats). Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #954
vjkumar

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great news! How many users (both self-service and support staff)?
currently i have 1400 users in BES and around 20 - 30 helpdesk agents. The issue is, it will be great if the respective country local IT can manage their own country BB users. The issue is, we can't restrict their access only for specific country users' profile in berrystat currently. Anyway, it is fine. I have roll out this Berrystat for Europe region as well. looking forward to implement the latest Berrystat version in my prod environment Thanks alot man... You are the
Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #955
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh40a View Post
Does anyone have any info on configuring this to run where IIS is on a separate server from the BES? I'm running into issues when attempting to kick off the besuseradminclient commands. I've confirmed the syntax works on the BES, but I need to use a -N parameter followed by the IP of the BES server in order for it to work on the server running IIS (which isn't an option within BerryStats). Thoughts? Thanks!
This feature will be in .60 - (specifying a BES server to perform BesUserAdminClient tasks).

This feature wasn't available in the RK tool when it was released, so it never got added.

Will do for the next version...you're not the only person that asked!

Rob
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #956
mjh40a

Model: 8300

Quote:
This feature will be in .60 - (specifying a BES server to perform BesUserAdminClient tasks).

This feature wasn't available in the RK tool when it was released, so it never got added.

Rob
Thanks! Appreciate it. Will wait until the next version. Great job
Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #957
jonw757

Quote:

Rob
Can you elaborate more on that? How the function will work? Does that mean you wont need the besuseradminservice on the local IIS box?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #958
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Default BesUserAdminService

Thanks for all the great updates QC!

I just installed .59c in our environment and it looks great! I'm getting an error when I try to do any of the besuseradmin features. I don't think it's something with the BerryStats page itself but I was hoping someone could give me some guidance. See the entry below for the error I'm getting. I get that same error no matter what I try to do (add user, reset password, set activation password etc.)

FYI - the BesUserAdminService is running on our BES where BerryStats is also installed. The BES database is on a remote SQL server. We are running Exchange.

Code:
 BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server User Administration Tool Version 4.1.6.5
 Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1997-2008. All rights reserved.
 Modification date: Jul 31 2008

besuseradminclient.exe -set_password nope -u user@domain.com -b BES -SQLUSER xxxxx -SQLPASS xxxxx 

[10:03:07] BESUserAdmin::main - Log Start
 [10:03:08] BESUserAdmin::LoginClient - Could not determine client role. Error Code: -55 (Unable to determine client role.)
 [10:03:08] BESUserAdmin::main - Log End

Last edited by NeptuneIT; 11-26-2008 at 11:09 AM..
Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #959
vjkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneIT View Post
Thanks for all the great updates QC!

I just installed .59c in our environment and it looks great! I'm getting an error when I try to do any of the besuseradmin features. I don't think it's something with the BerryStats page itself but I was hoping someone could give me some guidance. See the entry below for the error I'm getting. I get that same error no matter what I try to do (add user, reset password, set activation password etc.)

FYI - the BesUserAdminService is running on our BES where BerryStats is also installed. The BES database is on a remote SQL server. We are running Exchange.

Code:
 BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server User Administration Tool Version 4.1.6.5
 Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1997-2008. All rights reserved.
 Modification date: Jul 31 2008

besuseradminclient.exe -set_password nope -u user@domain.com -b BES -SQLUSER xxxxx -SQLPASS xxxxx 

[10:03:07] BESUserAdmin::main - Log Start
 [10:03:08] BESUserAdmin::LoginClient - Could not determine client role. Error Code: -55 (Unable to determine client role.)
 [10:03:08] BESUserAdmin::main - Log End

Hi NeptuneIT,

I guess you need to check again your sql user rights in BESMgmt DB. Refer to the User guide provided.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #960
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

When I installed the besuseradminservice on our BES I used the berrystats sql user that I created per the installation guide - is that the correct way to do it?
Closed Thread