BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #101
glassman_73

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel

Please Login to Remove!

I was happy when I saw a new post. but now im back to being sad.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #102
BJC22
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman_73 View Post
I was happy when I saw a new post. but now im back to being sad.

Sorry. It's just such a nightmare of inconsistency right now for me I just had to post something.

I've read so much negative about IDEN, now, after the fact. I should've done more research before buying this phone. I highly doubt there's going to be some miracle fix to this problem. It sounds like it's an IDEN thing that Nextel customers have had all along. I'll probably just get rid of the phone and get a different kind that goes completely with Sprint. Bye-bye, D.C.!

The fact that this thing is not a hybrid is crying shame.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #103
garyf33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
How do I get the back light to stay bright , it tends to dim and get bright on its own and its driving me nutts. I check the brightness but its up to 100%.
Options, Screen/Keyboard, Automatically Dim Backlight, set to off
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #104
wfr911

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

I received this same message today and I'm using a 7100i BB. I simply went to options and selected retrieve data and message came through.

-WFR911
Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #105
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas View Post
i don't know what the new fix will be called... but best believe I'm checking for it every 20 minutes. I'm finding that every power cycle (and a couple times during the day) i have to re-send the service books. and sometimes turn the phone off and back on to get text. i don't think it matters how you enter it. i use both the 10 digit number and the +1 number (even thou it says you can't) and i can send and receive [when i turn it off turn it back on and send the books again]. I think everyone who's having the problems need to call sprint and go thru all the shit to get to level 3 service to put some pressure on them to fix this asap

I don't have to resend the service books for MMS just go Options/advance/hosting tables/menu button and reregisterd manually has fixed my issues but I have to do this ever battery pull. yesterday the device was found dead 4 times some of them out of the holster and some of them not in the holster.agghhhh come on Sprint we need a OS update.
talking to Sprint serivce at the local store is like a brick wall. He asked me what I did to fix the mms for now so he can tell customers. Standing at the counter 2 people came in ordering the 8350 so they are still pretty hot devices for nextel users.

Beyond 411(berry 411) wouldn't let me run the default connection so I had to set it to basic to get it to work. I am finding live search is slow for the same info beyond 411 gives you.

3 party apps I have tryed are :
Beyond 411--0k
Gmail app---ok
Google maps---ok
vib ring ( still can't get it to work)--no
facebook----ok
twitter----ok
viigo----ok
flickr-----ok
google sync----no buggy
flycast(fm radio streaming )----ok
Livesearch---slow but works
TV guide--slow to scroll up and down, lags but useable.

IS there a way to make an icon or shortcut on the home page to a web link?

Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #106
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf33 View Post
Options, Screen/Keyboard, Automatically Dim Backlight, set to off
got it to work, it would dim and the wrong time and it was driving me nutts. I just set it to 70 percent all the time and its fine. thanks. !!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #107
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 4025DF23

Quote:
I don't have to resend the service books for MMS just go Options/advance/hosting tables/menu button and reregisterd manually has fixed my issues but I have to do this ever battery pull. yesterday the device was found dead 4 times some of them out of the holster and some of them not in the holster.agghhhh come on Sprint we need a OS update.
talking to Sprint serivce at the local store is like a brick wall. He asked me what I did to fix the mms for now so he can tell customers. Standing at the counter 2 people came in ordering the 8350 so they are still pretty hot devices for nextel users.

Beyond 411(berry 411) wouldn't let me run the default connection so I had to set it to basic to get it to work. I am finding live search is slow for the same info beyond 411 gives you.

3 party apps I have tryed are :
Beyond 411--0k
Gmail app---ok
Google maps---ok
vib ring ( still can't get it to work)--no
facebook----ok
twitter----ok
viigo----ok
flickr-----ok
google sync----no buggy
flycast(fm radio streaming )----ok
Livesearch---slow but works
TV guide--slow to scroll up and down, lags but useable.

IS there a way to make an icon or shortcut on the home page to a web link?

I think sending the service books is what is supposed to happen when you register thru HRT. But the odd thing I've noticed... when you delete service books and do a master radio reset, then a hard reset. the service books are back right away. with the 7100i i had to register thru the HRT to get my service books back. Maybe that's the problem
Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #108
lawden

For those of us with the lack of receiving text messaging issues......I spent another hour on the phone with level 2 tech support ( I wish my time was billable). They told me that they were sorry that Tier 3 had not resolved my issue in the 24-48 hours as promised (a week ago) and I spoke with supervisor about the 8350i not receiving text messages. He assured me that are very aware of the issue, that he referred to as the "MMS Outage", and told me that this issue is only affecting 8350i users (yeah for us). He told me that basically there is nothing Tier 3 can do for us at this point. He said when he they receive a certain amount of Tier 3 tickets, the complaint/issue gets forwarded to the Network Engineering Team for resolution of this "corruption issue". He said this issue of not receiving text messages is at that level at this time. He had no time table for when it would get resolved but assured me they are working on it. I asked him about getting a replacement phone as not all 8350i owners are experiencing this issue. He said there is a 50/50 chance of getting another phone that will still have this issue. I was put in contact with a Tier 3 agent who said he will email me when the issue has been resolved. I guess we'll see if that happens before my new phone arrives at the store. Like I have said in the past, I will continue to demand new phones until I hit the Nextel Blackberry That Works Correctly Lottery. Just wanted to bring everyone up to date per Tech Support on this issue.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #109
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
For those of us with the lack of receiving text messaging issues......I spent another hour on the phone with level 2 tech support ( I wish my time was billable). They told me that they were sorry that Tier 3 had not resolved my issue in the 24-48 hours as promised (a week ago) and I spoke with supervisor about the 8350i not receiving text messages. He assured me that are very aware of the issue, that he referred to as the "MMS Outage", and told me that this issue is only affecting 8350i users (yeah for us). He told me that basically there is nothing Tier 3 can do for us at this point. He said when he they receive a certain amount of Tier 3 tickets, the complaint/issue gets forwarded to the Network Engineering Team for resolution of this "corruption issue". He said this issue of not receiving text messages is at that level at this time. He had no time table for when it would get resolved but assured me they are working on it. I asked him about getting a replacement phone as not all 8350i owners are experiencing this issue. He said there is a 50/50 chance of getting another phone that will still have this issue. I was put in contact with a Tier 3 agent who said he will email me when the issue has been resolved. I guess we'll see if that happens before my new phone arrives at the store. Like I have said in the past, I will continue to demand new phones until I hit the Nextel Blackberry That Works Correctly Lottery. Just wanted to bring everyone up to date per Tech Support on this issue.
Personally I think your wasting your time. Why get worked up about it. Anybody who buys a new phone or device within the first month of launch is a guinea pig. Look at the Storm launch 3 OS updates already and I have a feeling that will be the same with this device tell they get it right.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #110
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

Today I got a text and got that same message. I thought it was working fine since it does 90% of the time. I am not really too upset though. I am sure they will fix it soon... at least i hope so!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #111
BJC22

Quote:
Personally I think your wasting your time. Why get worked up about it. Anybody who buys a new phone or device within the first month of launch is a guinea pig. Look at the Storm launch 3 OS updates already and I have a feeling that will be the same with this device tell they get it right.
It's true. You basically have to make a decision: Do you wanna put up with this B.S. and hope they eventually get things worked out to your satisfaction, or do you wanna go a different route? I, for one, am very close to "going a different route" because I'm of the belief that the texting issues are an IDEN/Nextel thing that has been there all along.

I never should've let myself be a guinea pig. I'm a sucker.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #112
lawden

It's true and I agree if text messaging was a new feature on cell phones but it is not. Come on people.
Guinea pig for text messaging on a blackberry? I recently bought my son a $9.00
Cell phone capable of receiving/sending text messages just fine. A guinea pig, no. Being stupid for
Believing Nextel was a reputable company who would do appropriate product research and
Development prior to releasing a product on the market, yes.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #113
BJC22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
It's true and I agree if text messaging was a new feature on cell phones but it is not. Come on people.
Guinea pig for text messaging on a blackberry? I recently bought my son a $9.00
Cell phone capable of receiving/sending text messages just fine. A guinea pig, no. Being stupid for
Believing Nextel was a reputable company who would do appropriate product research and
Development prior to releasing a product on the market, yes.
I'm with you, Lawden.

I had an ic502 prior to this. It was/is a hybrid. It used Nextel for DC and Sprint for everything else. Overall, it was a really lame phone with no bells and whistles but everything worked great, including text messaging...because the texting ran through Sprint.

This new BB 8350i, to everyone's dismay, runs exclusively on Nextel's IDEN network. It's not a hybrid phone. That means you make your calls through Nextel and you send/receive your texts through Nextel. Problem is IDEN is a P.O.S. and doesn't share towers with other carriers. That's one of the biggest problems. It's also why I've read in places about the people who used the previous BB with DC (7100?) having text messaging problems too. AND it's probably also why i experienced my biggest texting problem when I traveled to a smaller community for the holiday week this past week.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #114
Rawson819

Quote:
works great on WIFI in the house will have to test it more in the wild.

For those wondering . m.youtube.com for the mobile version.

I'm connected to my WIFI network but every video I attempt to view at m.youtube.com produces "Error Playing" "An error has occurred attempting to play media"

Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 AM   #115
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

My youtube works fine on wifi and since I very rarely text those issues really don't bother me. After using the 7100i this 8350i is a dream come true! I am really not to bothered by the little quirks. I am a little disappointed that Nextel is so far behind but I am glad they are finally trying to catch up.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #116
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Is there a dedicated youtube app for the blackberry icon? I love my device also If I can get past the random shut offs still can't figure that out.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #117
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

FYI , I downloaded the music sync for itunes and it works flawlessly . It took a half hour for the first download but after that its been quicker. You get to set how much of the memory card(4gb) to use up with music and how much to keep free. I loaded 4gb card up minus 25% and it works great. I found the music would lag from time to time but not bad.I used it as a music player well i read my new book for Christmas .

Amazon.com: Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse: Tips, Tricks and Strategies for Responsible BlackBerry® Use: Kevin Michaluk, Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold: Books
Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #118
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

when editing my contacts I see on the blackberry the direct connect has its own name but on Outlook it doesn't have its own name but I do see a place for radio. Is this one in the same will it sync radio with DC? I have some contacts that for some reason have direct connect then the number and radio right below it with the same number.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #119
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

This is crazy device was dead tonight and now 3 resets aghhhh in a 1/2 hour! Anybody have ideas!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #120
lawden

Being a guinea pig is not going as well as originally thought huh?
Closed Thread