BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
BeaverBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Recurring Appts on 8830 not compatible w/ Outlook 2003!

Please Login to Remove!

I have discovered that when I create a daily recurring appointment, designated as an All Day Event, the last day of the appointments shows on my BlackBerry Calendar, but NOT on my Outlook Calendar. I can't believe that I have been a prolific calendar user for a year (that I've been a BlackBerry user,) and have just now identified this incompatibilty issue. Is this glitch true for you too? Does it happen using Outlook 2007 as well? Blackberry phone support said this was an Outlook issue. I wonder what Outlook phone support would say!?! I am the Associate Pastor in a very active church, and am responsible for the calendar, keeping up with all events, reservations, etc. Any help will be most appreciated. When I print off a calendar for a church full of folks, or post it on the web, it needs to be right. Thanks!

Phil
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
forevergreen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: vzw

I think I'm noticing the same thing right now and I'm hopeful that someone has the answer, but here's how i tripped over the problem:

I average between 200 & 300 calendar entries at any time. In addition to appointments, I use it for "to do's" (usually entered as "all day events"), and maybe 100 birthdays for family, friends, & clients (entered as recurring "all day events").

Well, just yesterday I realized I missed a couple birthdays in December and then realized I was missing at least 2/3 of my birthdays and many other entries that I cant even begin to remember. I backup my blackberry monthly, so I just went back a month at a time, restoring each month's calendar only, until I found the backup that contained all my missing entries. I had to go back to August.

So, to fix this problem, I want to merge a backup of my calendar as it looks right now and the August backup that has all the missing data, and then go in and delete everything I don't need (which is worth it to me in order to have everything i DO need).

I'm not an expert at this and the only way I could think of accomplishing this was to sync my current calendar to outlook, then load my August calendar and sync that to Outlook, then clean it up and push it back to my bb.

Well, I'm having mucho problemos getting this to happen in Outlook. It seems pretty straight forward, but it's been impossible so far and I think my difficulties are for the same reasons you discuss.

Anyone have any ideas?

outside of the pastor's issue, is there another way for me to merge to calendar backups together and load it back onto my bb?

Last edited by forevergreen; 01-04-2009 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: didn't read correctly
Closed Thread