Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Trouble With Unlocking Storm...

Please Login to Remove!

I recently purchased a Blackberry Storm and wanted to unlock it to use with T-Mobile. I purchased an unlock code and followed the instructions to unlock it. The first time I typed in the unlock code, it said "Code Accepted" (or something along those lines). I then insert my T-Mobile SIM card and turned the wireless network back on. It says in manage connections that I am still connected to Verizon Wireless. After that I went to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card -> and type MEPD. The network still says active (which I understand from reading other threads that it will still say this even after unlocking the Storm). However, I was unable to make calls, send texts, etc with the T-Mobile SIM card so I tried entering in the unlock code again. After entering it in, a dialog box popped up that said "Code error; Please wait..." and the number of attempts I have still remains at 10 (I read on another thread that this also means that my device has been successfully unlocked).

I know that I still have to do the little mod to get all features working (browser, MMS, etc), but if the phone is successfully unlocked, shouldn't I be able to atleast make calls and send text messages? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind, you go to Options -> Mobile Network and change 1XEV to GSM/UMTS. I also changed the network mode to 2G. Sorry for the unnecessary thread, but this may help others who have the same problem.

Last edited by ScottMB4; 01-24-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

EDIT: Nevermind, you go to Options -> Mobile Network and change 1XEV to GSM/UMTS. I also changed the network mode to 2G. Sorry for the unnecessary thread, but this may help others who have the same problem.