Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
gunnarliden

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BB alarm

Please Login to Remove!

anyone else have problems with the BB Alarm? I know that it is limited in it's functionality, but this morning was maybe the 3rd time in a month that it didn't go off when it was supposed to, is that a common problem or bug? any way to fix this?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Very rare, I have not noticed others having this issue, but one time not working is TOO many when you depend on it.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
mrhavercamp

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T

Make sure your time zones are set properly on both your device and whatever program you are synching with on your PC.

On BB... Options>Date/Time>Time Zone

For some reason, mine was set to Pacific (I'm in Eastern). It also messed up my calander and alarm.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
clueless bb newbie

this morning was the 3rd time this week my alarm wouldn't go off. it was working just fine previously. i checked my time and date settings and everything was where it should be. any other recommendations out there?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
gunnarliden

the only thing that i have deduced is that this happens when my memory is low (i don't know how it gets lower and lower, but when i do a reset, it goes back up, is this the memory leak i hear people talking about?). i try and do a soft reset every couple of days and that has seemed to ward off any other occurances of this.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

clueless, look at Options > Status > File Free on your BB. What is the exact number there?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
clueless bb newbie

thanks for the response. i pulled the battery last night, but the alarm still didn't go off this morning. my phone says it has 14 million bytes free out of 50 million, is that low?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

"14 million bytes" is not an exact number, but it doesn't really matter assuming you read the number correctly. We'll assume you did. Some users don't, which is why I asked. No big deal.

What ringtones or mp3 do you have set for the Alarm?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
clueless bb newbie

my exact file free is 14073962 bytes.

my alarm is set with a ringtone called "Alarm_HighAlert".
Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

14mb free it is!

I use High alert as well.

So why is it not going off as scheduled? Do you have ANY other calendar alerts scheduled at the same time that might have interupted the alarm alert?

Honestly, I have not heard of users with your issue so this is sort of unbroken ground as far as I am concerned, therefore grasping at straws for what the issue could be.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
clueless bb newbie

no other calendar alarms. i thought it might be something related to the different profiles, but i've been switching them (normal, loud, phone only) but still no wake up call.

i've even changed it from "weekdays" to "on". still no difference.

the odd thing is that this morning after it didn't go off, i set it for 30 mins later to test it and it went off.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Oh, I just gotta ask though--if you were asleep, are you "certain" without a doubt that it did not go off?

Let me make a suggestion, look at another alarm application... this one has a free trial and is a really good full-featured alarm app.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-released.html
Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
clueless bb newbie

haahaa, the thought did cross my mind on Monday morning! this morning though i was up already when it was supposed to go off. maybe i will check out a different app. although being a newbie i'm a little nervous since i haven't used my bb a whole lot yet.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
Phranc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530

Are you sure it isn't set for 7pm? Or whatever time, but 12 hours off.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
tjlandberg

The only issue I had was once when the alram went off but no music came on. Good thing my internal clock was working.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #16
M3lissa

Model: 8310
Carrier: VodaFone

My 8310 does the same thing, and my bf also has a 8310 with the same problem! The alarm often does not go off, or it goes off, but you don't hear a sound! The rest of the time it works 100%. The only thing that "fixes" the problem for a day or two is a batery pull. Someone PLEASE help!!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
VentureForth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I'm going to bump this thread 'cause it never seems to have been resolved. I had the same thing happen to me as tjlandberg this morning. The alarm went off, but no sound. The screen popped up, asking to snooze or dismiss. Curious about wondering if I missed the sound, I hit snooze. It went off again without sound. Profile setting was as always - "Phone Only" which doesn't affect the alarm. I pulled the battery, put it back in, put in a soon-to-go-off time and it went off in all of its loud glory.

No clue as to why. Sometimes when I'm running the GPS, if I get a phone call, the audio for the GPS shuts off. I think something triggers the internal speaker to shut off for the phone call, but forgets to turn it back on.

It so happens that I was using my GPS while taking a call and using the speaker phone when my alarm failed to chirp this morning.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suppose that it is an internal bug. How would one let Blackberry know about it?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
eykhong
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C27C4C
Carrier: Rogers

Strange. My issue, while shortlived, was a little different. My alarm time setting would revert back to it's previous time about an hour after changing it. I would change the time, check it shortly after to make sure it was changed, but if I checked it again a while later it went back to the old setting! Had plenty of memory, tried a battery pull, nothing. It drove me nuts but mysteriously went away after a couple of days, and I didn't do anything different.

I know this probably is no help to you, but I just wanted to vent.
Closed Thread