Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Default Memory leak under .114 Hybrid

Please Login to Remove!

So after a few days of NOT doing a battery pull, I lose 20MB of memory with .114 Hybrid. From 52MB down to 32 or so. Now, I only got this thing 5 days ago and never checked memory leakage prior to installing .114. Does the standard OS have this issue as well?

This thing does gain some serious delays and becomes quite non-responsive from time to time and my understanding is that it isn't unique to my Storm, but that it happens to all of them. Good thing for me that my Curve is still sitting in my drawer as it might just come back into service soon if I can't get used to the touchscreen typing thing...

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So after a few days of NOT doing a battery pull, I lose 20MB of memory with .114 Hybrid. From 52MB down to 32 or so. Now, I only got this thing 5 days ago and never checked memory leakage prior to installing .114. Does the standard OS have this issue as well?

This thing does gain some serious delays and becomes quite non-responsive from time to time and my understanding is that it isn't unique to my Storm, but that it happens to all of them. Good thing for me that my Curve is still sitting in my drawer as it might just come back into service soon if I can't get used to the touchscreen typing thing...
.113 is said to be better...but I've gotten down to .7 mb of memory and its great...hadn't pulled the battery ever since I upgraded to .114 hybrid. Try .113 as I think .114 hybrid is been the best but .113 is getting good responses in the forums.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
dbower96
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: ?
Carrier: Verizon

There is also a second hybrid out there for .114. Most have reported that it solves a lot of the memory leak, and also better battery life. I'd give you some first hand knowledge, but its been a busy week and I haven't had the time to give the hybrid v2 a shot yet...
Closed Thread