Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
SuperBecky

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Default facebook problems

Please Login to Remove!

hiya

downloaded the facebook app from blackberry net on my phone.
it seems to be working okay the only problem is im not gettin any notifcations at all, no emails and no notifcations on the actually application.

ive followed through the help section and yess, my email address is the same for my emails as it is for my facebook, and on facebook under notifcations ive turned on the application for blackberry smartphone.

so i deleted it and re installed it and this time i didnt even get the getting started bit like i did before.

if i go onto the mobile facebook through the application it tells me i have notifcation is that rigght? as in its only that one and the emails, because i was sure the application told you aswell before u go onto the mobile site.

i got someone to leave me a wall commnt and yet again came through on my laptop but not at all on my phone weather as an email or as a red mark on the application.

can someone please help, much appreicated x
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
manvadher

Model: 8300
Carrier: tmob

make sure that you have logged in using the correct user name / password.

also make sure that you get emails in a timely manner to your BB email account. If you emails arrive late, your FB notifications will also arrive late.

have you tired a battery pull? (take the battery out, wait 30-60 seconds and switch on again)?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
vito032
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile

also make sure that all the notifications you want to receive are on on facebook
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

I too have the same issue. I got my 8900 Curve last week. All email notifications are turned on, on the internet Facebook settings page. However, the only notifications I receive on the BlackBerry version of Facebook is wall posts and comments on my status. I can sent email through the app to friends on my Blackberry. This is no issue, but I do not receive ANY emails sent to me via Facebook on my curve. I have deleted and re-installed a few times, battery pull, cleared cache etc. Still no emails from Facebook on the BlackBerry Facebook app. Very strange and frustrating.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Feeling alone in this one. I have tried everything ever suggested after many searches here and on the internet. Nothing changes. Since firing up my 8900 I no longer recieve any notifications to my BlackBerry Facebook app. I can refresh for friend status updates and I can send a Facebook emails via the app but I receive nothing. Surely I can't be the only person with ths issue?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
raygnlz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 217F82B5
Carrier: T-Mobile

i am getting the same issue with facebook. although my email i use on facebook is linked to BB 8900, i do get notified via email not the facebook app. good to know im not the only one.