BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
fonthillhdtv

Model: 3820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default 8320 white screen with hour glass then ...

Please Login to Remove!

I purchased a bb 8320 unlocked phone about a week ago worked great until today was trying to change the voicemail notification from vibrate to a sound and the screen went white and started showing an hour glass this would not go away. I tried doing a os reload using desktop 4.7 and os 4.5 for rogers. It started ok but got to step 2 reinitialzing and it sounded like i was plugging in the usb and unplugging it, and the red light on the BB was flashing at the same time after a while i got a error message that read "unable to reconnect to device during a multistage load operation" I then checked the blackberry device manager and under com port 3 it says disconnected when i check the desktop manager on the task bar it says disconnected. another thing i noticed when i first opened the desktop manager and clicked update software a little window opened that said device connection the first time it listed a pin no.(no i did not write it down) now it says usb pin unknown but keeps toggleing between that and select a device. the BB will not do anything now but flash the red light very slowly on and off

any advice or did i buy a lemon, can it be fixed
thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
frra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonthillhdtv View Post
I purchased a bb 8320 unlocked phone about a week ago worked great until today was trying to change the voicemail notification from vibrate to a sound and the screen went white and started showing an hour glass this would not go away. I tried doing a os reload using desktop 4.7 and os 4.5 for rogers. It started ok but got to step 2 reinitialzing and it sounded like i was plugging in the usb and unplugging it, and the red light on the BB was flashing at the same time after a while i got a error message that read "unable to reconnect to device during a multistage load operation" I then checked the blackberry device manager and under com port 3 it says disconnected when i check the desktop manager on the task bar it says disconnected. another thing i noticed when i first opened the desktop manager and clicked update software a little window opened that said device connection the first time it listed a pin no.(no i did not write it down) now it says usb pin unknown but keeps toggleing between that and select a device. the BB will not do anything now but flash the red light very slowly on and off

any advice or did i buy a lemon, can it be fixed
thanks
You can load the OS from C:\Programs\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and AppLoader.exe
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
fonthillhdtv

tried to do that but it says path not found. I went to program files -common files -blackberry removed the vendor xml then clicked on the loader it again went through the first step but the second step will not go as the phone is constantly cycling the usb port on and off it makes the usb port ping as the red light on phone flashes any other ideas
Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
drizzt09
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Canada

its actualy C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run loader.exe
jump through the screens hitting next all the way to finish, hit them all as fast as you can.
Does not matter what the device connection shows up, it will probably be USB:UNKNOWN. does not matter just click the buttons as fast as you can.

if this does work, try it a couple times, if it still doesnt work, try it again a few times with the battery out
Old 04-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
frra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
tried to do that but it says path not found. I went to program files -common files -blackberry removed the vendor xml then clicked on the loader it again went through the first step but the second step will not go as the phone is constantly cycling the usb port on and off it makes the usb port ping as the red light on phone flashes any other ideas
Try to use the USB in back of the computer if you are not doing that already and try a differet cable just to make sure that its not cable problems
Old 04-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
fonthillhdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt09 View Post
its actualy C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run loader.exe
jump through the screens hitting next all the way to finish, hit them all as fast as you can.
Does not matter what the device connection shows up, it will probably be USB:UNKNOWN. does not matter just click the buttons as fast as you can.

if this does work, try it a couple times, if it still doesnt work, try it again a few times with the battery out
Forgive my ignorance but I'm not used to using dos commands when i get the command prompt C:\documents and settings\MY NAME> I put in C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run loader.exe but get an error that says
'program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file
what do mean by jump thru the screens hitting next as fast as you can
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
drizzt09

open MY COMPUTER and browse through your directories till you get to C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

then open loader.exe and go through the prompts as fast as you can
Old 04-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
frra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance but I'm not used to using dos commands when i get the command prompt C:\documents and settings\MY NAME> I put in C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run loader.exe but get an error that says
'program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file
what do mean by jump thru the screens hitting next as fast as you can
You should be able to go directly to C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader with out using the command prompt and just double click om the apploader icon. I have done it several times without using the prompt. Do you have the latest OS installed on the computer?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
fonthillhdtv

I running windows xp
I can get to the apploader tru C:\Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\AppLoader no problem I can move tru the screens to get the the loading section it goes tru the first stage "jvm" something then it tries the second step reinitializing this is when the problem shows up. it starts connecting and disconnecting, if i have the device manager open it says the blackberry curve is operating ok then swithes to the device not working then back to ok if i also have the blackberry device manager open it shows com port 3 but it always says diconnected even after i configur it. i still don't follow which screens you want me to move fast tru because once i get to the loader screen i can't do anything to move ahead.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
drizzt09

ya if its seeing com3 it wont go through, have you tried this with battery in and with battery out?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
drizzt09

a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next
Closed Thread