Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Louppls
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Sprint Curve

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all... my wife has a pearl. I'd like to put her in a Curve (Sprint). I don't want to renew my contract so I'm looking for the best price (ideally that is returnable). So far, best I've seen is Amazon,

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Curve 8330 Phone, Red (Sprint, Phone Only, No Service): Cell Phones & Service

Is this a good deal or does someone else have one better?

Thx

Lou
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

That seems about right for a phone without a contract.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

With contract you should get the device for $99.99. That's quite a savings.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Wirelessly posted

Can't see all the product details just make sure its new and not pre-owned if it pre-owned check the FAQ on buying a BlackBerry from the internet.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
winger13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

question - why would you not want to renew your contract? Price wise, Sprint is pretty much the value player out there and the $99 price with contract is pretty good. Coverage has been great for me for the places I go.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Louppls

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger13 View Post
question - why would you not want to renew your contract? Price wise, Sprint is pretty much the value player out there and the $99 price with contract is pretty good. Coverage has been great for me for the places I go.
I admit Sprint isn't bad. We get a good price including a 25% discount from my previous work. However, we get almost no sprint coverage in the house. very frustrating. We even have the airwave... still not great. I have an ATT work phone and get good coverage. Also, three daughters... would love an iphone (if they pay for them themselves).

Only way I'd switch is if I can get a discount using my employers Foundation account and its around what I pay now. My IT guy is checking. I guessing not, in which case, I'll stay with Sprint. Would be nice to have options though.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I guess the real question you need to ask is what does it cost NOT to have coverage in one of the places where you need it - where you live? IMHO< coverage is more important than price. But if you don't need you use the cell at home, then I guess it isn't an issue for you, as long as it works everywhere else you need it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Louppls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I guess the real question you need to ask is what does it cost NOT to have coverage in one of the places where you need it - where you live? IMHO< coverage is more important than price. But if you don't need you use the cell at home, then I guess it isn't an issue for you, as long as it works everywhere else you need it.
Actually, not having great coverage at home keeps the minutes down . Really, if the kids are upstairs, its ok. Downstairs, we're sure to drop a call.
Closed Thread