Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #41
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Default It's on the list.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi ryno4youth,

It’s on the list now – you are right it is straightforward for us to support so we will. Thank you so much for your comment and suggestion I really appreciate you taking the time to post.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4youth
I would love to see a connection to www.phanfare.com. Everyone's album is listed under their username.phanfare.com (mine is lindbeck.phanfare.com), so it seems like it would be easy to do. Thanks for the great program!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #42
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default That is a fantastic idea!

Hi Concept,

That is a big hassle isn’t it – sending people files when you are on the road is not easy – I like your thinking and I will add that to the list of new features. Once we have perfected the save file and send e-mail thing then we will be ready to really tackle the idea of remote file access.

I really appreciate your input and helping us create a better product for the user community.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
I didn't even think of saving MP3 ringtones and whatnot but it would be great. Then somebody on here will make a yahoo login just for ringtones, another one just for wallpaper images, etc.

But the save image option would be great. Same with an email photo option. Because there is no way to email attachments on a BB without it.

You got the makings of a great app. I can see people using it a lot to store things that they would love to get a hold of on their BB but don't wanna take up the extra space doing it. Its great to have yahoo store all the data and you the user can just download it when you want or need it.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #43
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default What do you want to have supported?

Hi all,

With the current release we are supporting only Yahoo Photos. In the next release we are extending it to other online photo storage services. We have had a suggestion to also provide support for: www.phanfare.com. If you have a suggestion please post it to this forum and I will add it to the list.

Cheers,

Eric

Last edited by Edewhirst; 12-06-2005 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Wrong thread - sorry
Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #44
uto_kkw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: HKCSL
Default Fetch error: bad HTTP response code: 401

Got the above error message since yesternight (Hong Kong Time). How can I get this problem fixed? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #45
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default That is a odd error to get for sure!

Hi uto_kkw,

That is a very odd response to be getting for sure. Could you possibly try and use JiveSlide and then keep track of the local time that you did and then post back. I can have my network admin look at the traffic log and see why this is happening for you. I know that today there was some funny networking issues on the BlackBerry network for Rogers, Telus and Bell Mobility users here in Canada – things like PIN’s not coming through and stuff like that.

To tell you the truth it is a bit of black magic for us because we host JiveSlide within a Class A, Tier 1 Internet Data Hosting Center on it’s own dedicated servers that we own with bandwidth to spare. Connectivity to the Net is never the issue so intermittent issues like these are hard to track down. A 401 Unauthorized is an odd response to be getting because it is essentially saying that your username and password failed – however there is no requirement for usernames and passwords so I am a bit stumped.

From www.w3c.org
401 Unauthorized
The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.47) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity might include relevant diagnostic information.

So if you could try to use it and mark down the time you tried and then post back that will give me more information to track down the error for you.

Thanks for the feedback – I really want to make sure this works out for you.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by uto_kkw
Got the above error message since yesternight (Hong Kong Time). How can I get this problem fixed? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #46
ryno4youth

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Alltel

Hey Edewhirst,
Do you think that it would be possible to have the program when it is in slidshow mode, keep the backlight on during the show? That is kind of annoying. Just a thought, and thanks so much. I am really looking forward to you have access to www.phanfare.com, because I have about 10 gigs of pictures on there that I would love to have access to. Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #47
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Ohh I know!!!

Hi ryno4youth,

Ohhh I know what you mean – it is a total pain when the light goes off. We worked on that feature for quite a while and whatever we did we had problems trying to keep the backlight on! One way to get around it a bit is if you press the “P” button and that advances the slide, the “Q” button goes back one slide. Now I warn you don’t go crazy hammering the P or Q button because you will run out of HTTP threads and get a fetch error, (If you get a Fetch error just stay calm and wait until the treads are done – don’t panic the unit rarely goes sideways – it will come back). But if you press P and then wait for the picture to show and then press it again you will be able to decrease the time between slides and also make sure that the light stays on. You can also go into your “Options” > “Screen/Keyboard” settings and set the backlight timeout to something like 2 minutes and that helps.

As for supporting www.phanfare.com – I took one look at your site based on the URL you provided in your post and saw that you were a super user of online photo sharing. I figured if that one guy uses www.phanfare.com that much then there must be more out there and you are exactly the kind of user we are looking for. I figure if JiveSlide works for you – you will show other people the pictures – and I hope that since you are a photographer that you can see a use in your day to day business in showing people some samples using JiveSlide on your BlackBerry.

Thanks again for your input and I really appreciate you giving me feedback.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno4youth
Hey Edewhirst,
Do you think that it would be possible to have the program when it is in slidshow mode, keep the backlight on during the show? That is kind of annoying. Just a thought, and thanks so much. I am really looking forward to you have access to www.phanfare.com, because I have about 10 gigs of pictures on there that I would love to have access to. Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 AM   #48
uto_kkw

Just checked - HKT 14:08, 14:25 ( GMT +8 )

Mine is on Hong Kong CSL network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edewhirst
Hi uto_kkw,

That is a very odd response to be getting for sure. Could you possibly try and use JiveSlide and then keep track of the local time that you did and then post back. I can have my network admin look at the traffic log and see why this is happening for you. I know that today there was some funny networking issues on the BlackBerry network for Rogers, Telus and Bell Mobility users here in Canada – things like PIN’s not coming through and stuff like that.

To tell you the truth it is a bit of black magic for us because we host JiveSlide within a Class A, Tier 1 Internet Data Hosting Center on it’s own dedicated servers that we own with bandwidth to spare. Connectivity to the Net is never the issue so intermittent issues like these are hard to track down. A 401 Unauthorized is an odd response to be getting because it is essentially saying that your username and password failed – however there is no requirement for usernames and passwords so I am a bit stumped.

From www.w3c.org
401 Unauthorized
The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.47) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity might include relevant diagnostic information.

So if you could try to use it and mark down the time you tried and then post back that will give me more information to track down the error for you.

Thanks for the feedback – I really want to make sure this works out for you.

Cheers,

Eric

Last edited by uto_kkw; 12-07-2005 at 01:32 AM..
Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM   #49
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Perfect thanks for the post - I have sent this off to my Network Admin and he is looking into it. It is 1:30 in the morning here so I won't be able to get back to you for anohter 12 hours. But I am working on it.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #50
uto_kkw

Thanks for you guys' effort!

Last checks - 14:42, 15:07 ( HKT GMT +8 )

Last edited by uto_kkw; 12-07-2005 at 02:04 AM..
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #51
ryno4youth

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Alltel

Thanks Edewhirst. You are doing a great job!

Ryan
Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #52
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Our server was not contacted

Hi uto_kkw,

My sysadmin looked at the issue and there was no contact made to our server from that network. We scanned and could not find out what was going on because we were not denying access and we did not see your request come in.

We are still investigating and in a soon to be released version we are going to be having connectivity diagnostics to make sure you can connect.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Thanks for you guys' effort!

Last checks - 14:42, 15:07 ( HKT GMT +8 )
Old 12-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #53
inversed

Model: 7100t

Great app you got here. It was mentioned before, but if there was access to a personal server, not just online sharing services, it would be a huge plus!!! Especially with other file formats and the ability to save.... Really looking forward to v2.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #54
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Glad You Like it.

Hi inversed,

I am glad you like it – the V2 will have a lot of nice to haves. The accessing of personal data sources will be a neat feature. As for other image file formats what were you looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by inversed
Great app you got here. It was mentioned before, but if there was access to a personal server, not just online sharing services, it would be a huge plus!!! Especially with other file formats and the ability to save.... Really looking forward to v2.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #55
Slammed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I was messing around qith it today and I noticed there was no ABOUT option

I think you should have that with your name and website ect. you guys deserve that attention
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #56
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Good Point

Slammed,

That’s a good point – we were trying to keep the menu options to a minimum but I am sure we can stick and about screen somewhere – thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed
I was messing around qith it today and I noticed there was no ABOUT option

I think you should have that with your name and website ect. you guys deserve that attention
Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #57
uto_kkw

Hi Edewhirst,

JiveSlide is working fine on my BB now.

Would like to know if the coming v2 will have the option to let user change the speed of viewing each slide?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #58
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default That's awesome!

Hi uto_kkw,

I am so glad you got it working - did you have to do anything special? I have been working with a couple other users that are having the same issues you were having and we are trying to figure out how to solve it.

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this issue - and for you we will add the option to change the rate at which the slide show goes! That is a great idea!

Have fun with JiveSlide,

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Hi Edewhirst,

JiveSlide is working fine on my BB now.

Would like to know if the coming v2 will have the option to let user change the speed of viewing each slide?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #59
uto_kkw

Actually, nothing. Just gave it a try when I have time.

Eager to see the v2.

Last edited by uto_kkw; 12-08-2005 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM   #60
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Well I am glad it worked out!

Well I am glad it worked out for you.

Good luck and check back to this forum for when we release version 2!

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Actually, nothing. Just gave it a try when I have time.

Eager to see the v2.