Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #41
offthehook20

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default I need help with a streaming issue with Iheart on my Pearl 8130

Please Login to Remove!

Can anyone help me with a streaming issue with the iheart app on my 8130....the installation of the app went fine...it comes up in no time and I can find the local stations I would like to listen to but when I click play it comes back with a message that reads "Unable to connect to stream" it does this for all radio stations regardless of the city location....I went into my advanced options and made sure my GPS was on...not sure what else to do......thanks for any and all advice...
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #42
akapearl

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Can someone explain why I can't get to "lyrics"? Or the 5th icon on the final "play" page (next to the randomizer icon)?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #43
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehook20 View Post
Can anyone help me with a streaming issue with the iheart app on my 8130....the installation of the app went fine...it comes up in no time and I can find the local stations I would like to listen to but when I click play it comes back with a message that reads "Unable to connect to stream" it does this for all radio stations regardless of the city location....I went into my advanced options and made sure my GPS was on...not sure what else to do......thanks for any and all advice...
Verizon has GPS locked for everything except VZNavigator (if you subscribe to it) and possibly BBMaps. The "find local stations" will not work for you. It doesn't work on my Curve either.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #44
arieltf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehook20 View Post
Try a battery pull or reboot (alt+right shift+del) your BB. I have to do that every now and then for iheartradio to work correctly.

--Ariel
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #45
spacel0rd

Model: 8330
Default Iheartradio

I had a pearl for a week, then exchanged it for a Black Berry 8330. BOTH phones would play radio stations on Moodio and iheartradio. But...BOTH would play the stream for anywhere between 15 seconds and 5 minutes and then would shut off. Most of the time it plays for less than 2 mins. I have to restart the stream over and over. Is this just me?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #46
arieltf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

No, it isn't just you.

I believe if the program/phone loses signal, it will stop trying to buffer the stream. You need to restart it to continue. I don't like it either, but I think it is done this way to save on battery life.

I listen to iheartradio while I am on my way to work on the bus. Most of the time it will stop once or twice during the 20 minute ride. It always happens at certain points on the route (near the beginning). I've also listened to it during work for 1 hour, with no loss of signal.

--Ariel
Old 06-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #47
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Downloaded this a couple days ago on an 8900 and am liking it for the most part.

Positives: Has a bunch of sports talk radio and other local stations I listen to, so that makes it great for me. Haven't used the music stations yet and probably won't.

The negatives: Thing is a big time battery killer. When you exit the program, there is still a ton of network activity going on after it's closed. Not sure what that is about, but definitely a negative about this program.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #48
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacel0rd View Post
I had a pearl for a week, then exchanged it for a Black Berry 8330. BOTH phones would play radio stations on Moodio and iheartradio. But...BOTH would play the stream for anywhere between 15 seconds and 5 minutes and then would shut off. Most of the time it plays for less than 2 mins. I have to restart the stream over and over. Is this just me?
On my Curve 8320 I had a similar problem with Stitcher (Podcast program), not sure what caused it. Some podcasts played completely, some stopped at random times.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #49
rickcox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550

nice discussion for newbie, thanks alot.................

Do we really want government run ______ ?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #50
angelis

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

From your device
Options
Advanced
Applications

Choose Application

Menu

Delete
I had a problem with app and deleted and reinstalled. Now it does not show up in my applications. It goes straight to the folder where I last moved the icon. It doesn't even show up in my download folder. It also shows my favorites that I had previously installed. Don't understand it worked fine for the first two weeks. Any answers out there?
Closed Thread