Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Frank C.

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up New Storm App from Blinding Rain

Please Login to Remove!

The new fone book app by Blinding Rain is now in the App Store and is also on App World. This is one app that I have waited for since seeing a YouTube back in March.

Got it finally and have been impressed. Great directory look-up that gives me numbers, addresses and a map right on my Storm. Then I can click-to-call and easily click-to-add to my contacts.

Simple, easy and fast. I reconmend highly.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Chichum
Thumbs Must Hurt

"This is one app that i have waited for since seeing a youtube back in march"

And you felt that since it JUST came out, you'd sign up for Blackberryforums and make your first post about it? You must REALLY be excited about the application you made or have some larger tie in!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichum View Post
"This is one app that i have waited for since seeing a youtube back in march"

And you felt that since it JUST came out, you'd sign up for Blackberryforums and make your first post about it? You must REALLY be excited about the application you made or have some larger tie in!
Don't laugh! It's really advanced. it even has a BUTTON (GASP) to add a contact .... and I quote:

"Then once you've found what you are looking for, you can add this new contact to your BlackBerry Contacts simply by clicking on the "add contact" icon - no more trying to remember the number and retyping it, no more cut-n'-paste and no more jotting it down on a scrap of paper."

Wow! Talk about earth shattering! No more remembering the number! *chuckle*.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Frank C.

Default Wow, my bad then

I thought that this was a forum to post that would be of interest to Strom owners. My bad I guess. Then again, it isn't other than these 2, there have been over 100 people who seem to have been interested, so don't try and squelch me just because I am a "newbie".

That is just plain low class on the part of someone who trys to trash someone for trying to help out the community.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
Lumberman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
Carrier: Telus

I think what he was trying to get at was that it seems very suspicious that your very first post would be promoting a piece of software and that your join date is very recent. Almost as if you are the developer and are simply making a bogus "testimonial". I am sure you can understand that at least.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

I had a quick look at the youtube demo. Its very US Centric (zip code etc), and is basically a front end to a search engine looking at publicly available directory entries. Its clearly not very feature packed if they feel the need to explain and wax lyrical on a search history feature. 3 dollars? It might be worth it for some I guess, but I would prefer to pay more for a better OS which should have this basic stuff in anyway for what is, lets face it, a mobile communication/net portal.

Fone Book: Phone Directory App xxx8220;On Steroidsxxx8221;For The BlackBerry Storm

Take a look, maybe its for you.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

If he is the developer so what? If the app works then great. I have seen a ton of promoted software on here. IM+, Quicklaunch, BeeJive, etc. Are we going to assume everyone who mentions an app is a developer? We wouldn't know anything about any app if everyone kept it to themselves and there was no review for them. Word of mouth IS the best form of advertisement. I would rather have a real review from a real customer than to see an ad on tv or internet.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
teddeli
Knows Where the Search Button Is

He made this as his first post in another forum.
Closed Thread