Old 05-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #21
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

JSanders, freakin' hilarious post!!

Mine has held up well, through:
~2 drops (the kind where the battery comes out)
~Daughter using it as a hammer to pound something out of the driveway
~Small river of water going under it from over-watered plant
~Left ouside overnight and got some fog behind the screen
~Daughter jumped up and down on it.

No physical problems with it, just software...
-roccit
Old 12-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #22
ba97
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: z10
Carrier: rogers

I stopped using the holster on my 7100R. I put clear packing tape over my screen (stronger than the other stuff you buy) and have traveled from Africa to South America and across Europe and North America with it jammed in my pocket, tossed on the floor, falling out in airport scanner areas, stuck between the car seat rails..... son spraying a squirt gun in my pocket on it, co worker spilling a pint of English beer on it in London, getting out of the car and forgetting the ear piece is connected to me and dragging the phone along behind me like a toy...

I have had it for 1 year now, replace the tape every 6 months and the screen is not scratched. I manage in excess of 600 in coming emails a month on it and countless SMS and google map searches. The puppy continues to works great. Although I would like to replace the key pad.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #23
glennjr15

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down Wouldn't do it again

If I had to do it all over, I most likely not buy the 7100T again. The Blackberry's voice quality sucks; better said, I can hear people fine, but they ALWAYS complain that they can't hear me. I have upgraded firmware, but still have no luck.

Couple that with the fact that there is no camera, video, nor readily accessible ringtone editer (so you can do it yourself on your cpu), leaves this phone wanting for much.

The phone has a nice big screen, and some great games available, but the other factors far outweigh those novelties.

Last edited by glennjr15; 12-11-2005 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: omission
Old 12-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #24
amnjc

Model: 7100

I have always had a screen protector on my BBs from day one so my screen is still great (7100i). The case or housing is still in fine shape, then again I have only had it a month.

My problem is that at the bottom of the square area around the screen, I think it has been called a bezel in the past, the paint is coming off. Please re-read the first paragraph about only having it for a month!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #25
rlibson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Good phone but kind of Fragile I am on my third one. outgoing sound went dead on first, screen broke on the second (5 foot drop from chest pocket on hardwood floors) that said I believe that is feels much sturdier than other smartphones. Software never a problem for me. I am constantly hard resetting my moms treo 650 and I would hate to see that thing fall any further than 12 inches. All and all its a good device..as for sound quality I used to get people telling me it was poor, then I adjusted how I hold the phone to my face or use a bt headset...no more complaints.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #26
merlinw

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

no problems after 5 months of service, dropped it a few times, a few dings, but no problems.
software upgrade went fine.
my only beefs;
can't see screen in the sun
fell out of holster a few times (I attached a button on the front, and a elastic band in the rear of the holster, works fine)
Closed Thread