Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
statler01

Model: 8330
PIN: 3090150B
Carrier: Verizon
Default Mapquest Navigator: customer support: 0/10

Please Login to Remove!

Just thought I'd throw an FYI out for anyone looking at spending money on this...

I downloaded the software and the voice prompts didn't work... I tried everything I could think of, but ended up calling customer support. Customer support consists of a voicemail box asking you to leave your name, number, and a description of the problem... After listening to the message, it then informed me that the voicemail box was full.

Then I decided to end my free trial and cancel my subscription. There's no where on the website to do it easily, and there's no number you can call and talk to a live person. I sent emails to every address on their website, hopefully one of them gets to the right place.

Just thought I'd put my experience out there as a beware for anyone looking at using this software.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
statler01

Model: 8330
PIN: 3090150B

Update: I have emailed every address on the site, as well as filling out a support ticket trying to cancel my subscription to the software.

As of now, I have not gotten a response, other than an automated response to the support ticket gauranteeing a response within 48 hours. (which I have not received)
Old 06-19-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
tia530

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Angry You're not alone

I to made the drastic mistake of purchasing this application for a week-end trip into busy Saint Louis, Mo. I was never able to fully download the application and actually thought something was wrong with my equipment. A relative also downloaded it and had the same problem as I did. I attempted to cancel prior to the ending of the trail period with no success, that was May 21, it is nearly time to renew again and I cannot get an answer to my request for a cancelation. I have sent email after email, phoned Tel Net, tech support, all with no success. I'm not sure where to turn here other than having my credit card canceled, which will be my next move, unfortunately. Good luck in trying to reach an actual human being. I will make a report on RIPOFFREPORT.COM as this is what this has amounted to.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Instead of canceling your credit card, maybe just call them to report the inability to cancel the subscription. They might be able to help.

I downloaded the free version and was very disappointed. I deleted it within 5 minutes of installing it. Garmin's pay once/map updates for life GPS software is much, much better (assuming you like Garmin's GPS devices as the BlackBerry software is almost identical).

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
cyberhound
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t, less bars in less places

Same thing happened to me. Except that my credit card never got charged. So, now I'm using it for free.
Closed Thread