Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Barry575

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Metal Bezel flexs on side

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone else had a problem with the metal bezel flexing around the side? I just noticed on the right side of my Storm, between the volume and side button, the metal bezel moves and squeaks. I notice it is not moving with the black plastic that surrounds the buttons on that side. It actually looks like it is separated at that point. I called Verizon tech support, but they are no help. They said I could go into a store and have them check it out. I have never dropped my phone or anything. It is always in the Blackberry holster when I am not using it. I would think this would be a manufacturer defect if I haven't dropped it.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
2 Samuel 22
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 96xx
PIN: Firing
Carrier: Southern Bell, PrimeCo, Omnipoint, United Telecom

If I push hard enough, the silver colored bezel on my Storm does flex in the same manner you described. I don't really see this as a problem since the bezel is made of plastic. The squeaking problem was also an issue on the 88xx series. Eventually RIM must have fixed the problem on them since the newer ones did not squeak when you squeezed the sides. If it really bothers you, see if they will do an in-store replacement.